Learn how to add the web tracking code to your web site.
The Web Tracking Code is responsible for the following actions:
- Generates the Visitor Key (aka WebSyncID), which is a unique identifier for each visitor to your tracked sites.
- Stores the WebSyncID in a first-party Web browser cookie.
- Records Web page visits, clicks, and other events.
- Automatically rewrites URLs to include tracking identifiers when a visitor clicks from one tracked Web Site to another.
- Open the Web Tracking Settings from Organization Settings.
- Click to expand Web Tracking Setting, scroll down to the Web
Tracking Code section.Note: If your site uses Secure Socket Layer, use the SSL version of the web tracking script.
- You need to copy two pieces of code.
- Web Tracking meta tag: This tag identifies the domains that are as Qualified Domains. This code must be placed between the <head></head> tags of your web pages.
- Web Tracking Code: This places the Web Tracking cookie that inserts the first-party web cookie. This code must above the closing </body> tag.