Learn how to set up the web tracking configuration tool that is used to verify the branded domain setup.
The web identity tracking URL configuration tool performs the following checks:
- Validates if the JS has correct Org Id and host name/server.
- Verifies the JS is included.
- Checks BrandedDomains for available list and suggest other domains are available.
- Checks for ewt.track references and suggest to use trackLink (could verify correct number of parameters), if appropriate.
- Checks for ewt.cot references and suggests cotLink usage, if appropriate.
- Checks for the IFrame element and to see if it is using onLoad for ewt.setIFrameSrc and if src attribute has a value.
- Checks for IFrame element and suggests use of the onLoad for ewt.setIFrameSrc to link tracking data.
- Checks for ewt.cot references and verifies the META tag for COT is set and the host name is valid.
- Checks for any onbody load issues.
- Validates use of JS with b2b JS and the order of included scripts.
- Checks if multi include of JS file causes issues.
Complete the following steps to verify
- Open the Web Tracking Settings from Organization Settings
- Open Configuration. It's located below the Web Tracking Code section.
- Enter one URL at a time.
- Click Validate to see if the site was successfully configured.
Note: This tool does not verify sub-domains.