The basic Web Analytics Integration allows users to track website activity after links are clicked in your emails.
Website activity includes items customers place in a shopping cart, products customers viewed, and where your customers go to from your website.
Use the advanced Web Analytics Integration to add event data from your website, such as Purchases or Cart Abandonment, to Acoustic Campaign to leverage this data in emails. The advanced integration can also send email metrics, like opens, to the Web Analytics tool to augment reporting.
What do I need to get started?
To get started, enable your web analytics software, such as IBM® Digital Analytics (formerly Coremetrics), Adobe™ Analytics, etc. If you purchase an advanced integration, an Acoustic Campaign Professional Services team member will begin the integration process.
How does the integration work?
There are three possible points of integration between email marketing applications - Acoustic Campaign and web analytics products, such as IBM Digital Analytics and Adobe Analytics.
- The first point of integration automatically tags links in Acoustic Campaign emails. This
enables your analytics package (select the Enable Site Analytics Automation
option) and adds the append string.
- Used to send information to the analytics product that the customer uses for reporting purposes.
- Acoustic Campaign org admins enable an interface to the web analytics package by configuring the Site Analytics Append String within the Integrations area of Acoustic Campaign. This allows Acoustic Campaign to pass identifiers for reporting and data exchange to the web analytics package.
- This is a one-time configuration and will be discussed in greater detail within the Enable Web Analytics Integration section of this article.
- The second point of integration provides the exchange of recipient-level data from the analytics
product to Acoustic Campaign. An Acoustic Campaign Professional completes this advanced
integration for you.
- Sends emails to your contacts based on their actions and behaviors. Examples are when a customer abandons an item in a shopping cart, browses specific web pages or purchases a product.
- The files are used to update an activity relational table in Acoustic Campaign.
- Marketers can then create campaign emails that are sent based on a trigger from the actionable data imported from the feeds. After these emails are set, they run on a set frequency that usually corresponds to the upload of new records from the analytics package data feeds. (Marketers can send automated emails or emails without using automation, also known as 'one-off emails'.)
- The third point of integration is Acoustic Campaign's ability to push daily email metrics out to the vendor reporting module so that marketers can view the results.
- Allows Acoustic Campaign to push aggregated email metrics to your analytics vendor's reporting module on a daily basis.
- These metrics give marketers the ability to get a complete view of a marketing campaign, from the visitor's actions and behavior after they click-through from a email.
Configuring the Advanced Integration
Complete the following requirements in your Acoustic Campaign organization to allow advanced integration with Web Analytics:
- A master database used to associate to a relational table.
- The ability to create a relational table query to insert data into a email template.
Enable Custom Catalogue for your organization. Custom catalogues provide detailed reporting data about the products, such as the exact item a customer abandoned or viewed as well as a link to a picture of the item. This additional data can be used in your re-marketing email templates.