Read through the following topic to understand why a tracked URL with a Google Analytics query string that is going to an outside website fails to load.
Confirm the following conditions to resolve the issue:
- Google Analytics with email name is included in the query string.
- The email name contains a period in it. Example: DRAFT - Invitation - Seminar - Fall Conference.
- The website that it is being led to is either an ASP/ASPX.net site.
- Tracked URL is being utilized for the link.
When utilizing Google Analytics, it is best to be mindful of the email name that you choose if you are leading people to your website. Having a period in the name of your email can cause the URL to break due to the way that the query string is interpreted when it lands on the website. This appears to only happen with ASP or ASPX pages/sites.
Tools that are useful to see this within your Firefox browser, that is not supported by Acoustic Campaign are as follows:
- Httpfox: This free add-on monitors and analyzes all incoming and outgoing HTTP traffic between the browser and the web servers.