To begin creating your landing page site, take these steps. Be aware that a new landing page will always be in Draft status.
Create a site
- Click the Landing Page icon to go to LANDING PAGE SITES
- On the LANDING PAGE SITES page, click the Create tab.
- Complete the required following fields on the Site Settings tab. Once you have completed these fields, click Save.
- Site Name: The name is a required element and identifies the site in reports. The name must be unique within the folder that it is in. For more information, see Create Site Settings.
- Site Description: Optional. Enter information about the site.
- Save to Location: Save it in a Shared or Private folder. Items that are saved in your Private folder are only available to you as an individual user to access and edit. Any item that is saved in the Shared folder is available for anyone in your organization to access and use, who has access permissions set. Sites in Shared folders can be edited by their creator.
- Site URL: Enter the name of the URL (site folder) to be created by Acoustic Campaign.
- Clickstream Tracking: Turn Clickstream tracking on or off for reporting when a site is visited as a result of an Acoustic Campaign email, by using a Tracked hyperlink or a Clickstream link type. When a landing page site is visited as a direct result of an Acoustic Campaign email, clickstream tracking data is generated (web pages visited) to the Acoustic Campaign email. The user can view the web pages visited report in the Acoustic Campaign single email report. Important: Use Tracked Hyperlinks in your emails to identify contacts that visited your landing page (or web-tracked domain) from a link in an Acoustic Campaign email. To set up, add a hyperlink to your email. Select Tracked Hyperlink as the link type, name your link, and then add the URL to your landing page or external site.
- Tags: Add tags to help you quickly find your site.
Once you have entered the required information for the landing page site settings, you can, if you choose, configure these useful Optional Site Settings for your landing page. Remember to click Save after adding information.
Optional Site Settings
On the CREATE LANDING PAGE SITE page, click the + to expand the Optional Site Settings section. The Optional Site Settings are:
Contact Source: Associate a database or query to the pages to enable dynamic content or personalization. You can associate one database with a site. If the landing page contains a web form, it can be associated only to a database.
Personalized URLs: Personalization allows the addition of contact-specific database information to the page, such as customer IDs and email addresses. Select the check box and choose the database or query fields to generate a PURL.
Close Page: A Close Page is a page that a respondent arrives at if the respondent clicks an email or web link after the site is closed. You can select either an external URL or a local page. (The organization might have a default Close Page that is used if nothing is selected. Check with your organization administrator)
Sites are often republished after they are used and closed. When a site is closed, the Close Page cannot be edited. If the page is closed, site content cannot be changed before republishing. External closed pages are not affected.
Close Date: Set a date to automatically close the site to respondents.
Site Indexing: Determines whether you want search engine robots to index your pages. If you turn off page indexing, your pages cannot be tracked or followed.
Google Site Analytics: Enable Google Site Analytics for Landing Pages to get more reporting and analytic data for your site traffic. Type your Google Analytics account number in the UA Number field.
Optional Lead Source for Site: This option is used in Web Tracking. The lead source is commonly a combination of placement channel and campaign name. The tracking source in this field applies to the entire Landing Page site.
Require Opt-in for Web Tracking: Acoustic Campaign's EU Marketers might consider adding a "tracking opt-in" mechanism to a portion of all tracked web pages on their external and Landing Pages sites. You can choose to activate this feature on any of your Landing Pages sites.
Web Forms Custom Labels & Messages: This setting works with existing web forms.
Adding a title, page description, and meta tag keywords to a landing page
You've created the framework for your landing page and are ready to add your content, but first, you want to add a page title, description and meta keywords to your page. To add this information, you’ll take these steps:
- Click the name of your landing page and then click the Manage Site
- Click the plus sign next to Page Information: Form.
- Enter your Page Title, Page Description, and Meta Tag Keywords.
- Click Save.
- Click Publish.
Adding Content to a Landing Page
After you create the framework for the Landing Page site, you are ready to add pages and web forms either manually or through import, and content, including Dynamic Content from the Manage Site page. The Manage Site page offers a complete WYSIWYG editor for creating polished content with all the tracked hyperlinks and images that you will use.
You’ll begin by clicking the landing page you want to work with and then selecting the Manage Site tab. From there, you can create a landing page by importing an external site into an Acoustic Campaign landing page site by simply selecting the Import tab and importing your HTML in either a ZIP file, which we recommend or, you can import your HTML and manually assign links to each image within the hosting tab. The same steps can be taken to create a New Page Test or a New Web Form.
Once your content has been added, you will click Save. You can then preview your page before publishing or publish right away.
Create a test page for a landing page site
You can create a multi-page test to add one or more versions of a page and set how often each page appears "live." Then, you can review the Multi Page Test report to see page performance statistics. To create a test page for a landing page site, take these steps.
- Go to the Manage Site tab within your landing page and click New Page Test.
- The Multi Page Test box displays. Enter a test name in the Name field.
- Click Next.
- The Multi Page Test screen displays.
- Select Add Page.
- The Add Page screen displays with a list of Page Names. Select the pages from your site that you would like to set up as an alternate page and click Add Page.
- The Multi Page Test screen displays with one or more pages added in the Page Name column. Define a total percentage that each page displays live. The total time of the display across all pages must total 100%.
- Click OK.