With Acoustic Campaign landing pages, marketers of any technical skill level can easily create and manage landing pages and micro sites by using the web-based publishing platform to design or import pages that incorporate elements of personalization and branding to mirror the content of your Campaign program.
A well-planned landing page helps maximize the conversion rate for your product or service. You can re-market to visitors based on behavioral factors, including:
- If the user visited your page
- How often the user visited your page
- If the user clicked specific links
- If the user took the desired action
- If the user abandoned your page
Use the landing pages application when you want to:
- Design, create and upload sites by using the web compose editor and site management tools
- Include content from your Campaign asset library
- Personalize pages
- Track links
- Manage your sites
- View or edit existing sites that are hosted in landing pages
- Import existing sites or pages or export sites for future use
- Include content from your Campaign asset library
- Publish landing page sites for immediate use
You can also use the landing page to your advantage within various industries as shown here.
- Product or service details with purchase call-to-action (CTA). Click through to the shopping cart.
- Lead generation to gather prospect information and offer white paper or report downloads.
- Promotion of the brand on-line: Brand building, brand awareness, or brand loyalty
- Tie in with social media
- Further product or service enhancement information
- B2B e-newsletter opt in to educate prospective customers
- B2C educational information to support the product, like marketing newsletters
Note: There is no limit to the number of landing pages/sites that can be hosted in an organization, though performance might decrease with each additional page.
Enable landing pages access
Before you get started, you must ensure that an organization administrator has enabled landing page access for users. This enablement can be done by going to:
- Settings > User Management > Click the name of the user or create a new user > User Permissions.
- Check the box next to Landing Pages - full access.
- Click Save.
You can then login to your organization and click the landing page icon to access landing pages.
Currently, there are two types of elements in a landing page site:
- Web form
- Web page
All users can create landing page web forms (for databases). In this case, if a user does not have 'landing page' permissions, they are blocked from accessing landing page 'web pages'. But they can still access 'web forms'.
- All Acoustic Campaign users receive permission to web forms.
- All Campaign users receive access to Landing pages.
- When Landing pages permissions are denied or not added to an existing Campaign user, they can still:
- Create a site in landing pages.
- Create a web form.
- Save, publish, and edit landing pages, which do not have web pages.
- A standard Campaign user is not able to view a landing page site that contains a page.
Note: Organization administrators with landing page full access unchecked are not able to access the reporting that is related to landing page sites in Reports > Reporting.
Supported and not supported information for landing pages
- CSS is supported, but you cannot edit the file in the editor. You must edit the file outside of the Acoustic Campaign and import the file into the Acoustic Campaign.
- Server-side includes SSI.
- Content Scrape (scrape information from HTML files or websites).
- Relational Tables
- iFrame: You can currently embed landing pages in an iFrame on another website, but you cannot embed iFrames into a Landing Page.
Set up a company domain in a landing page site
You can set up your company's domain in landing page site domain settings so that the landing page sites/forms are in line with your company's domain branding. However, there are some limitations to be aware of when the company's domain is set up in the landing page site Domain Settings.
External form postcode that has the same domain as the landing page, causes your contact's anonymous data to not be known once they submit the form.
Contact Insight does not reflect the form submission, and any other site/page views or events do not get associated with the contact. It is highly recommended to not use external form postcode from a landing page site that possesses the same domain as the company website where the form is to be embedded.
Select https:// from the landing page drop-down menu
If you would like to have a custom landing page, the https option is a feature within Acoustic Campaign that has a fee associated with it. If you are interested in custom landing pages, please contact your CSM for more information. For non-custom landing pages, the https option is available and can be set at the landing page site level.
Use the alt tag in landing page
The alt attribute is the text version of an image on a website when the image cannot be displayed or when a user needs a text alternative.
The alt attribute is used for three main reasons:
- Marketers - It is best to use the alt attribute with relevant images; alt attributes rank higher in search engines.
- Blind/Visually Impaired - Using the alt allows the visually impaired to use programs that read the text out loud to understand images and content.
- Search Engines - Using the alt attribute allows search engines to decide the subject of an image, which allows the search engine to display relevant results.
- The required alt attribute must be used with all images.