Insert fields into a relational table through a Relational Table update and then preview the changes.
- Navigate to Data > Import > Update.
- Complete the Import Update Existing page details as follows.
- Import Update Type - Relational Table selected as default.
- Import Update - Selected as default.
- Select the relational table that you want to update.
The system automatically adds the relational table selected on previous page.
- Select Add and Update.
- Select file that contains the relational table data, choose where you want to upload your relational table file, and click Choose File.
In addition to any new fields that you want to add to an existing relational table, the file you import must also include the unique identifier and map to that column in as well.
- Click Next to verify the content of the file.
- Map the new fields.
- Click Next to edit any field (optional).
- Click Submit when you are finished.
- Click Save.
- After the relational table is saved, select the table from the menu to preview the changes.
- Test the query data that was inserted by performing a personalization test as follows.
- Enter the name of a contact (an email address) from the database. Then click Test.
- The Relational Table Data section is populated with actual data and the email is ready for sending.