Create a suppression list
- Select Create under Data.
- Select Suppression List.
- Type the name of your suppression list in Database or List Name.
- Choose the folder where you want to save the suppression list, Private or Shared.
- Click Next.
- Click Create.
- You can either import a list of contacts to add to your suppression list or you can manually add contacts to your suppression list.
Manually adding a contact to the master suppression list
Adding a contact to the master suppression list prevents that contact from receiving any emails from the organization.
- Go to View Data and select the Suppression Lists tab.
- Locate your master suppression list on either the Private or Shared tab.
Note: This list might be in one of your colleague's Private folders.
- Select the Master Suppression List and click Add Contact.
- Enter contact information.
- Click Save.
Use a query to create a suppression list
- Go to View Data and select the Queries tab to find your query.
- Click the name of the Query.
- Click Export and choose Export Contacts Only.
- Click Next.
- Click Submit to submit the data job.
- Once the data job is completed, you will Download this file and use it to import information into a suppression list.
- Go to Import New and from the What type of database or list would you like to create? drop down menu, select Suppression List.
- At the map field step, ignore all fields except email in the import.
- Continue to follow the steps to import the new data.
- Acoustic Campaign imports the list as a suppression list and places it within the suppression list area.
Import a contact list into a suppression list
Add a contact(s) to a suppression list or a master suppression list to prevent a contact(s) from receiving emails from your organization.
- Select Import Update.
- Choose Contact Source from the Choose Import Update Type drop down.
- Click Select next to the Select the Contact Source you wish to update field.
- Choose Suppressions in the Select the Contact Sourse you wish to update dialog box.
- Select the name of the suppression list you want to import contacts into.
- Click Select. The dialog box closes and you return to the Import Update Existing page.
- Select the option that indicates what information you want import into your suppression list.
- Select the file that contains the contact source data you want to import.
- Select the file type of the contact source data file.
- Click Next. A list of the fields in the contact source file opens.
- If the contact source file contains headers, select the First row contains field name check box.
- If the contact source file contains MD5-encrypted data, select the Import file specified contains MD5 hash-encoded email addresses check box.
- Select the date format for the list. (optional)
- Click Next. A list of the fields in the contact source file appears.
- Select the Ignore check box for any fields that have Select a Field in the Fields column. Note: Do not select the Ignore check box for the Email, Email Type, Opt In Date, and Opt In Details fields.
- Click Next.
- Review the list of fields that will be imported and click Next.
- Click Submit. Your contact list is imported into your suppression list. Note: If a contact's email address is on an organization-level master suppression list, he or she does not receive email from any database in the organization. If a contact's email address is on a database-level suppression list, he or she does not receive email from that particular database.
Find contacts in a suppression list
Perform a search for the recently added contact to verify that they are in the master suppression list.
- Go to the Suppression Lists tab.
- Click the name of the suppression list to search for a contact.
- Click the Search tab.
- Select Email equals and type the email address of the contact you want to search.
- Select all four check boxes: Search Contacts, Search Opt Outs, Search Undeliverables, Search Snoozed Contacts.
- Click Search.
If the email address does not come up immediately, wait up to 5 minutes and search again.