Delete a database
When you delete a database, all items associated with the database - known as assets - are also deleted. It is not possible to restore a database or its assets after the database has been permanently deleted.
- In Data, select the database that needs to be deleted.
- Click Delete and click OK in the confirmation dialog.
The following message displays: You are about to submit a delete contact source data job that will run in the background.
- Review the job details and choose whether you want to receive an email notification once the job is complete.
- Click Submit to submit the data job. A data job runs in the background.
As an alternative to deleting a database, read about purging a database.
Delete a contact source without deleting the associated email
You can delete the contact source and still keep the email.
When you attempt to delete a contact source, the following warning message displays on the deletion data job submission screen:
Delete the contact sources and all associated items. Associated items include asset library rulesets, automated messages, contact lists, forms, queries, emails, recurring import jobs, reports, and templates.
However, you can delete the contact source and still keep the email template. When you create an email, it can be just a stand-alone template without a contact source. But, when you've added a contact source into the template, that email template has become an associated item of the contact source (a database, query or contact list). That means that the mailing template is treated as one of the associated items if the contact source is added to the template. This design applies to all types of contact sources, including databases, queries and contact lists.
- Open the contact list and click the Templates tab to verify which templates are associated with the contact list.
- Open the original email.
- Click Select next to Contact Source under the Email settings tab.
Select a different contact source to be associated with this template.
- Click Save.
The template is no longer an associated item of the Contact List.
- Delete that contact source.