You can modify a database by selecting a database field and adding or changing the database fields.
Select the database field to modify and modify the fields as necessary.
- Add Field - Add new data fields to the database.
- Edit Database Fields - Add or change field settings (deleting fields is not permitted).
- Edit Database Settings - Set a seed database to be included in all sends for this database. Enable/disable database functions which should not be accessible from the user interface or using APIs (Security Settings). Manage recurring import and export.
- Create Query - Create a dynamic view of a database by defining set criteria to be used for emails.
- Set Field Values - Assign values to all contacts or to a subset of contacts in a database.
- Export (a database) - Export contacts of a database, opt-outs, or others.
- Segment (a database) - Divide a database into numerical segments.
- Merge (a database) - Create new databases by merging two existing databases and queries.
- Purge (a database) - Permanently removes contacts from the database if they exist in a comparison Database or query.
Database summary values
You can view and manage (create, delete, export, and update) all existing New Values Reports on the Database Summary page's Values tab.
- To manage a New Values Report, check the box next to the report name and click the appropriate button (Delete, Export, or Update).
Search lets you manage individual contacts, and databases of contacts matching certain criteria.
The Queries tab lets you view a database of existing queries, and query a database when you want to make a new database as a subset of an original database, based on some criteria related to the contacts. You can also edit an existing query.
Web Forms tab
The Web Forms tab lets you manage Web forms and create new ones. It displays a database of existing Web forms for this database.
The Autoresponders tab displays a database of all of the autoresponders that are associated with this database. To view the autoresponder, click the email name.
Automated Messages tab
The Automated tab displays a database of all of the automated messages that are associated with this database. To view the automated message, click the email name.
The emails tab displays a database of all of the emails that are associated with this database. To view the emails, click the email name.
- To view the email report for this email, check the box next to the email name and click View Mailing Report.
Move a database
Databases can be moved to folders (or to users) without affecting the operation of the database.
- In Data > Databases select the check box next to the database name.
- Click Move To.
- Choose Move to folder or Move to user.
- If you select Move to folder:, the Move Database dialog box opens. Do the following:
- Select the database type.
- Select a Shared or Private folder for the database.
- Click OK.
Note: Campaign ONLY allows movement of objects from private to shared folders; not from shared to private folders. If you are working on a project in the private folder, you are allowed to move it to the shared folder where all users can view and use the object. However, once the project is in shared, it cannot be taken from organizational public visibility and placed in the private directory.
- If you select Move to user, the Move to User dialog box opens. Select a user from the drop-down menu.
Note: Only users within your organization appear in the drop-down menu.
- Click OK.
The database name no longer appears in View Data.
- Enter a new unique name and click OK.
The database appears in View Data in the new folder location and continues to appear in reports.