Landing Pages are hosted on Acoustic Campaign servers. They cannot be hosted on another organization's servers. The URLs created for Landing Pages are used for these Landing Pages only.
Creating Custom URLs
Most URLs are created by the Landing Pages application, by using the information shown.
- The domain for the host server (for example: pages1.net)
- The organization name that is created by the organization.
- One or more custom suffixes (chosen by user).
This process allows much room for creativity, uniqueness, and variety. Acoustic does not use the URL for the organization in any way.
The below applies to landing pages:
- 'pages1.net' represents Acoustic Campaign
- A page name (usually ending in '.htm' or '.html' appears at the end of the URL (for example, pages1.net/ABC-Co/packaging/htm).
- The .net domain (for example, pages1.net) can be changed. However, there is a cost that is associated with this change.
- The URLs in the example would not involve or interfere with a company website.
Multiple Division URLs
Organizations and divisions often have only one main registration with Acoustic Campaign. For example, the ABC-Co company might have a candy division, a refrigerated foods division, a packaging division, a transportation division, and worldwide offices for the same divisions.
To avoid duplicating common URLs (such as 'price_sheet'), Special URLs are the preferred method. Without special URLs, each page can be unique to the user, such as using a division name or abbreviation, as shown in the database of examples.
Note: The URLs are links from an email or web page that is configured in Acoustic Campaign, embedded directly into links, and generally used for tracking.