Read through the following topic to understand how the contact or lead synchronized with Acoustic Campaign in the host CRM application.
Complete the following steps to configure the Contact Insight® integration.
- Check to see whether an Access Token is stored in the host application. If not, check to see whether the Contact Insight integration is set up and the tokens are stored. If not, pass a null string to the Contact Insight endpoint URL and let the application render the result. Notifying the end user admin is at the discretion of the integrator.
- Invoke a HTTP POST to the Acoustic Campaign Authorization Server requesting a new Access Token by providing the Client Id, Client Secret, and Refresh Token in the BODY of the HTTP POST.
- Take the new Access Token's expiration time, add that to the current timestamp, and store it as the expired time for the Access Token.
- Determine whether the stored Access Token for Contact Insight passed its renewal time. If so, repeat Step 1.
- Construct a URL by using a valid Access Token and a contact's CRM's Sync ID or Acoustic CampaignRecipient ID.
- Contact Insight through the Acoustic CampaignRecipient ID: https://[Acoustic Campaign Server Address]/mashup/oauth/contact/contactInsight?recipientId =[the contact's unique Acoustic Campaign Id that is used for the integration]&listId=[Acoustic Campaign CRM Database List Id]&access_token=[the access_token from above process].
- Contact Insight through the CRM Sync ID: https://[Acoustic CampaignServer Address]/mashup/oauth/contact/contactInsight?sync_id=[the contact's unique CRM Id that is used for the integration]&listId=[Acoustic Campaign CRM Database List Id]&access_token=[the access_token from above process].
Note: The URLs are case-sensitive.
- Pass the URL to either the host application's standard web site that is rendering the object or to an iFrame.
- Display the returned HTML in the embedded Contact Insight view in the host application.