To install and configure Contact Insight®, the embedded Contact Insight application within the host application must meet some of these requirements:
- Contact Insight must be accessible from the individual CRM Lead and Contact screens when the lead or contact record is synced within Acoustic Campaign.
- The Contact Insight endpoints must be configurable by the admin end user.
- Contact Insight has the capability to proactively fetch a new Access Token in advance of the existing token's expiration. When you are requesting a new Access Token, the response message includes the Access Token and the amount of time (in seconds) before the Access Token expires.
- The host proactively acquires the new access tokens prior to the existing token's expiration date to avoid problems with the embedded URLs in the application that is breaking due to using the old token. Complete the following steps to acquire the new access token.
- Divide the Access Token's number of seconds before it expires in half, then add it to the current time stamp and store it as the renewal time.
- When the renewal time passes, initiate the process again to get a new Access Token.
- If this approach is unsuccessful, then the host application must retry until the original Access Token truly expires.
- If the current Access Token expires and no new ones can be granted to the host, the appropriate users must be notified of the situation.
- Display the content that is returned from Acoustic Campaign just below the contact or lead information in the host application.
Read through the following section to understand the two integration methods that are used by Contact Insight®.
Get Access Token
This method is used to retrieve a valid (time-limited) Access Token that can be used to get the Contact Insight application for an individual contact or lead. The HTTP POST requires the following parameters:
HEADER End Point: https://[Acoustic Campaign Server Address]/oauth/token
- Parameter1: grant_type=refresh_token.
- Parameter2: client_id=Acoustic Campaign-provided client Id for Contact Insight (to be protected).
- Parameter3: client_secret=Acoustic Campaign-provided client secret for Contact Insight (to be protected).
- Parameter4: refresh_token=the refresh token that is sent to the integration user who is granted Contact Insight access.
Get Contact Insight
This method is used to retrieve the HTML-based Contact Insight application for an individual contact or lead. Since HTTP GET is permitted on this method, a simple URL with parameters can be used. If the HTTP GET method is used, the URL approach must look like one of the following examples:
- Contact Insight through the CRM Sync ID:
https://[Acoustic Campaign Server Address]/mashup/oauth/contact/contactInsight?sync_id=[the contact's unique CRM Id used for the integration]&listId=[Engage CRM Database List Id]&access_token=[the access_token from getAccessToken]
- Contact Insight through the Acoustic Campaign Recipient ID:
https://[Acoustic Campaign Server Address]/mashup/oauth/contact/contactInsight?recipientId =[the contact's unique Acoustic Campaign Id that is used for the integration]&listId=[Acoustic Campaign CRM Database List Id]&access_token=[the access_token from above process].
If the host prefers, a HTTP POST can be used to retrieve the HTML response data. In that case, the HTTP POST method would be constructed in the same as in the Get Access Token section.