Customize the permissions to send a Silverpop email for the Silverpop_PH custom object
The following section uses the Silverpop_PH custom object as an example and one of its fields to explain how to verify the minimum permissions that are required to properly handle the SendFromCRM feature.
Follow these steps to set permissions to send an Acoustic email for the Silverpop_PH custom object:
Note: Be sure Salesforce users who are using the Send Acoustic Email (previously 'Send Silverpop Email') inside Salesforce.com have full read/write access to the Silverpop_PH custom object. User permission is controlled at the Profile. Edit the user's profile in Salesforce.com and confirm that Read/Create/Edit/Delete are all checked.
- Go Setup > Manage Users > Profiles.
- Choose the Profile for which you are administering permissions.
- On the Profile screen, scroll down to the Custom Object Permissions and ensure that the Read, Create, Edit, Delete boxes are checked for the Silverpop PH's object.
Customize the profile level security for Silverpop_PH custom object
The profile level securities for custom objects fields must be marked as visible for those profiles that can use the Send From CRM.
Complete the following steps to verify the security level for each field.
- Go to Setup> Create > Objects and select Siverpop_PH custom object.
- Select the Send Date/Time
- Click Set Field-Level Security.
Understand the field layout permissions
Fields that belong to the Silverpop_PH custom object must be marked as editable in the layout.
Complete the following steps to mark the fields that belong to the Silverpop_PH custom object as editable.
- Go to Setup > Create > Objects.
- Select the Silverpop_PH custom object.
- Go to Page Layouts and click the Edit link.
- Select the Send Date/Time field and click Properties to configure the access of the field in the layout.
- Be sure that the Read-Only and Required checkboxes are cleared.
Please sign in to leave a comment.