For an integration between Acoustic Exchange and Acoustic Campaign to be successful, a flexible database must be properly configured and Acoustic Exchange must be granted application access to Acoustic Campaign.
After Acoustic Campaign is subscribed to Acoustic Digital Analytics events via Acoustic Exchange, you can leverage customer data to create personalized email marketing campaigns.
Enabling Acoustic Exchange in Acoustic Campaign
To enable Acoustic Exchange access to Acoustic Campaign, application access for Acoustic Campaign must be established.
- Log in to Acoustic Campaign with your primary user credentials.
This step is important to establishing Acoustic Campaign as an Acoustic Exchange endpoint. If application access is not granted for Acoustic Exchange in Acoustic Campaign, then Acoustic Exchange cannot push event data to Acoustic Campaign from Acoustic Digital Analytics.
To establish application account access:
- Login to Acoustic Campaign as an Org Admin user, then navigate to Settings > Organization Settings > Application Account Settings.
- Click Add Account Access.
- Select Acoustic Exchange from the Application drop-down menu.
- Select the Primary User account from the User Account drop-down menu.
- (Optional) Enter a description.
- Click Add when done.
- A refresh token is emailed to the primary account user. This refresh token will be used when registering Acoustic Campaign as an Acoustic Exchange endpoint.
After you have granted application access to Acoustic Exchange, register Acoustic Campaign as an endpoint in Acoustic Exchange.
Creating a flexible database for an Acoustic Campaign integration
For Acoustic Campaign data to synchronize data with Acoustic Digital Analytics, a flexible database is required. When Acoustic Digital Analytics publishes data, the flexible database establishes linkages with customers so you can consume Events for use with marketing campaigns.
In Acoustic Campaign, a flexible database does not use a unique identifier, and is ideal for synchronizing data between two applications. Instead of relying on one or more keys, it allows the customer to choose sync fields.
Creating a universal behavior enabled query
A query is a set of criteria that, when executed, creates a list. That list is dynamic and will change over time as the data changes for each contact. By integrating queries with your marketing strategies you can to deliver highly engaging personalized content geared toward specific audiences, thereby increasing conversions.
Confirm that Acoustic Campaign is registered as an endpoint in Acoustic Exchange and that it is subscribed to event produced by the Acoustic Digital Analytics endpoint. If Acoustic Campaign is not registered or subscribed, take the time to perform those steps now.
To create a message campaign in Acoustic Campaign, you must first create a query that uses universal behaviors where Acoustic Digital Analytics events are assimilated into Acoustic Campaign.
To create a universal behavior enabled query, use the following procedure.
- Browse to Data > Queries > Create.
- Complete the Save Query As dialog box.
- Select the Exchange enabled Database that you want to query.
- Select Save Query As: Give it a name. For example, Cart Abandonment Query or Cart Purchase Query.
- Under Location, save the query in a Shared folder.
- For Type, select Query.
- Click OK to open the query builder.
- Select Behavior and then click Universal Behavior.
The Criteria Builder appears:
If not selected, select the Has operator from the first drop-down menu.
Under Choose Universal Behavior select Cart Abandonment, Cart Abandonment Item, or Cart Purchase.
Configure the attributes and operators, and enter an attribute value. Each attribute operator varies based on the type of data that is queried. Numerical attributes use comparison operators (greater than or less than) and text attributes use named ID’s or events.
Click Save and Close when completed.
Next, create an email template by using the query as a contact source, and then deploy the email.
Creating an email template
After a query that uses universal behaviors is created, you can create an email template. By using the email template, you can create a personalized email, SMS, or mobile push message marketing campaign.
For more information review how to create and configure an Email Template in the Help Center.
- Browse to Email > Email Template.
- In Browse Layouts, click a blank or prebuilt layout. Two Cart Abandonment templates are available: Cart Abandonment – Simple and Cart Abandonment – Complex.
- Click Open to add the HTML content from the layout in the Content Builder.
- Click the pencil icon and name the template. For example, Cart Abandonment Capture.
- Click Email Settings.
- In Contact Source, select the query that you created.
- Enter a Subject Line to type an eye-catching subject line. You can use Personalization to address the contact directly or present other data.
- Create content using the Content Builder's WYSIWYG tools. Feature one or more Call to Action links that direct the contact to your website, their shopping cart, abandoned item, or additional offer. Campaign can track all links, and performance can be analyzed post deployment in Reporting.
- (Optional) Add Personalization or Dynamic Content to personalize the message. For example, present the item that was abandoned.
- When complete, select Save.
- When you are ready to deploy the email, click On to Send.
Next, get ready to deploy your email campaign.
Deploying your email campaign for Acoustic Exchange cart abandonment
By deploying an email campaign, you are finalizing the email and sending it to your customers.
- Set up your email: Enter email details into the text-box. The template, subject line, address settings, and the associated contact source should already be loaded.
- Select Continue.
- Determine Email Health: A Spam Check test grades your content and judges the risk of your email being marked as Spam. It is recommended to review each item and adjust your content to keep this score low.
- Click Continue.
- Schedule your email:
- Select Send Now to send at the current time and date.
- Select Schedule to deploy the email at a later time or date.
- Confirm your settings and proceed with the deployment schedule you selected.
Use a program with an Exchange Cart Abandonment campaign
To create a long term Cart Abandonment campaign, use Acoustic Campaign’s Programs. Programs are a multi-channel, automated workflow where you can schedule messages based on customer behaviors.
Once enabled, the Program will automatically deploy messages and funnel contacts to different tracks, where the personalized message is sent.
Programs feature a ready-made framework for a Cart Abandonment or Cart Purchase campaign in Program Blueprints. Program Blueprints offers placeholder steps and decision points to assisting in quick design of your campaign.
When an Acoustic Campaign Program receives a cart abandonment or cart purchase event from Acoustic Exchange, if configured, it leverages the Fast Track feature to automatically execute an email according to the parameters set in the program.
You can configure a Program to leverage the Fast Track feature when you initially create the program under Automation. When selecting a contact source, you can chose either database or query. After the contact source is chosen, select either Commerce - Abandoned a Cart or Commerce - Purchased a Cart Universal Behaviors as the events for the Fast Track. Complete entrance configuration by configuring re-entry for the contacts. After the entrance is configured, add Email Step as the first position of the Start Track with no Actions or Decision Points prior to the Step. Then, if required, add an EndTrack to the Step to allow contacts to exit the Program.
Reporting for an abandoned cart campaign
After the Cart Abandonment Email has deployed, customers may start re-engaging with their shopping cart and completing purchases. However, some customers may not have responded.
- They did not open the email.
- The offer didn't interest them.
- They may have bought another product.
- They opened the email, but didn't click on any Call to Action links.
Using Acoustic Campaign Reporting, you can view aggregate metrics that show the actions the customer preformed.
To view email performance, utilize the Single Email Report - Summary.
To generate the Single Email Report - Summary:
- Navigate to Reports > Reporting.
- Under Report Types > Single Email Report, select Summary.
- Select your Cart Abandonment email.
- The Clickthough report for the email generates. The Clickthough report includes:
- Click Map: A heatmap showing which links the customer clicked compared to how many open the email.
- Clicks by Link: A chart comparing Unique and Gross click for each link.
Based on this available data, you may create a new Cart Abandonment query which includes click-through behavior criteria with a focus on contacts who did not open or interact with an email, or still didn’t complete their purchase.