To create a long term cart abandonment campaign, use a program integrated with Acoustic Exchange. When a program receives a cart abandonment or cart purchase event from Acoustic Exchange, if configured, it automatically sends an email according to the parameters set in the program. After Acoustic Campaign is subscribed to Acoustic Digital Analytics events via Acoustic Exchange, you can leverage customer data to create personalized email marketing campaigns.
Before you begin
Prepare resources for your program
To create a cart abandonment campaign, make sure you create:
- A flexible database
- A query with universal behaviors enabled
- An email template dedicated to your campaign
Enable Acoustic Exchange
This step is important to establishing Acoustic Campaign as an Acoustic Exchange endpoint. It will enable Acoustic Exchange to collect event data from Acoustic Digital Analytics and use in reporting tools.
First, log in to Acoustic Campaign with your primary user credentials.
- Log in to Acoustic Campaign as an org admin user, then navigate to Settings > Organization settings > Application account settings.
- Click Add account access.
- Select Acoustic Exchange from the Application drop-down menu.
- Select the Primary user account from the User account drop-down menu.
- (Optional) Enter a description.
- Click Add when done.
- A refresh token is emailed to the primary account user. This refresh token will be used when registering Acoustic Campaign as an Acoustic Exchange endpoint.
After you have granted application access to Acoustic Exchange, register Acoustic Campaign as an endpoint in Acoustic Exchange.
Build a cart abandonment program
- In the Campaign menu, go to Automation > Programs and click the Create new program button.
- Choose a program template or start from blank. There is a dedicated Cart abandonment template, but you can use other options as well.
- Click the Settings button. Choose your previously created query as the contact source and select either Commerce – Abandoned a cart or Commerce – Purchased a cart from universal behaviors as the events that start the program. Complete entrance configuration by selecting re-entry for the contacts.
- Configure an email step as the first position with no actions or decision points prior to the step. If required, add an exit to allow contacts to leave the program.
Reporting for an abandoned cart campaign
After you deploy the cart abandonment program, customers should start re-engaging with their shopping carts and completing purchases. Some customers may not have responded, which can happen for different reasons:
- They didn't open the email.
- The offer didn't interest them.
- They may have bought another product.
- They opened the email, but didn't click on any call-to-action links.
Using Performance Insights, you can view aggregate metrics that show the actions the customer preformed.
- Go to Reports > Performance Insights in the Campaign menu.
- Customize your filter set. If you clicked a pre-set time filter, you are taken straight to a report main page. Click the funnel icon to add more filters. If you clicked New filter set, simply click Next after selecting the time filter.
- Click Audience name and choose the audience associated with your program.
- Click Email types and select Program.
- Click Program name > Add criteria and choose the program.
- Add other filters according to your preference.
- Click Next.
- Give your filter set a specific name, add a description, and click Save.
The report consists of widgets presenting commonly used metrics (delivery KPIs and engagement KPIs). You can add more widgets, edit the existing ones or remove them as you prefer.
Based on this available data, you can focus on contacts who did not open or interact with an email, or still didn’t complete their purchase by creating a new cart abandonment query which includes click-through behavior criteria.