If you have several programs that deploy an email when a web form is submitted, it is not necessary to build a program for each of them. Instead, build one program, and then use web form events to add form respondents. You can then route contacts to tracks dedicated to the form's matching response email.
- Create a program.
- In configuration of the program, enable Add contacts when the following events occur and choose Web form behavior from the Add behavior dropdown.
- Choose the forms that you wish to send a response email from when submitted. Click Save and edit flow when done.
- Drag Add track to create new tracks - one for each of your forms. You can place your email templates here if you want. Leave the start track blank for now.
- Give each track a name that identifies it with your form.
- From Actions, drag Move to track on the program level. Give it the same name as your form (that is, Option form 1), and then enable the condition Route contacts who match these rules.
- Configure web form behavior: Has submitted Option form 1 at any time. Save and close.
- Change route to drop down to the web form's matching track.
- Select web form behavior criteria.
- Repeat steps for any additional forms.
When the form is activated, it routes each form respondent to the matching response email and economizes program processing. You no longer need to create additional programs or request more programs from customer support.
Article is closed for comments.