As a marketer, you can use Acoustic Exchange to broaden your understanding of your customers and their behavior. Share customer data between the Acoustic Exchange-enabled products that you already own without the expense, delay, and complication of custom integrations.
Acoustic Exchange provides a simple browser-based user interface that gives you the ability to define the data exchange.
- Select the type of data that you want to exchange.
- Select the product that is the source of the data.
- Select the product that receives the data.
Getting started as a marketer
You can start using Acoustic Exchange with just a few steps. Begin to create connections between Acoustic Exchange-enabled products and business partners without delay or the need for custom integrations.
Here are the steps to put Acoustic Exchange to work for you.
Access Acoustic Exchange
To access Acoustic Exchange, you’ll need to set up an account. Acoustic Exchange provides several different types of user accounts.
This is how business applications connect to Acoustic Exchange. You’ll need to do this separately for each application.
Subscribe to an event
Events are online activities like adding items to a cart or downloading a mobile app. You can skip this for now if you care only about sharing audiences.
Share an audience
Your lists of people and attributes. If all you want to do is exchange event data, don’t bother with this for now. You can always come back later.
Access Acoustic Exchange
To access Acoustic Exchange, you need to request a user account. Acoustic Exchange provides several user account options.
The Acoustic Exchange team can provision user accounts to address the following access scenarios:
- A single user that requires access to a single account.
- A single user that requires access to multiple accounts that are maintained for an organization. For example, a company with multiple brands might request multiple accounts to create separate Acoustic Exchange working environments.
- Multiple users require access to a single account. This approach would help a business that wants to provide a common workspace for all team members to share.
Go to Acoustic Support to request access to Acoustic Exchange. Determine the scenario that you want to address.
- Single user - single account. Complete and submit the account request form. Enter the users name, including first name, last name, and email address.
- Single user – multiple accounts. Complete and submit the form for each user. For each submission, enter the same user name but a different account name.
- Multiple users – single account. Complete and submit the form for each user. For each submission, submit a different user name and the same account name.
The team sends Acoustic Exchange access credentials to an email address that you provide in the account request. The credentials include a URL where you can log in to Acoustic Exchange.
Log in to Acoustic Exchange to confirm user access.