Ensure your organization is ready to use scoring by enabling your database or CRM to use it.
Before you begin
- Make sure scoring is enabled for your organization. If not, contact support.
- Associate the scoring model with a database at the organization level. For instructions, refer to 'Associate the scoring model with a database'.
If your organization is CRM enabled, do the following:
- Associate your CRM database with scoring.
- Sync your contacts with your CRM tool.
- Create a scoring model.
Add a database
Make sure a database is associated with your scoring model before using contact scoring. Otherwise, an error message appears.
Your organization admin must perform the following steps:
- Open Settings and navigate to Org admin > Organization settings.
- Click CRM and Scoring settings.
- Verify the Scoring database field is empty and then click Edit.
- Click Select to choose a database from the Shared folder.
- Click Save.
Confirm and/or enable Scoring for your organization. By default, contact scoring should be enabled on a new organization.
- (Standard and Org admin) Verify whether the scoring item is available on the main navigation bar.
- (Org admin) Navigate to Settings > Organization settings > CRM and scoring settings and confirm if you can select a database to be used with scoring. You should see Scoring database: [your database].
If scoring is not enabled, contact support to request for it to be enabled.