An alert is a message received when a contact performs an action, such as when a score or rank threshold is reached or when a contact submits a Web form, downloads a file, or enters a program.
You can perform these tasks:
- Create and edit alerts
- Send alerts using email.
- Add a contact insight to an aler
Adding a contact insight link to an alert
Add the Contact insight URL to the alert email message and send it to sales representatives. It provides another channel for the salesperson to access Contact insight.
- Choose Alerts from the Scoring menu.
- Click Create alert.
- Select the Email tab on the Create a lead alert
- Select the Add Contact Insight to email version
When the salesperson or sales user opens the alert and clicks the Contact insight URL, the link opens the Contact insight website.
Note: The link requires authentication to Acoustic Campaign, so users must log in to access the Contact insight page.
Contact insight displays the multiple Scoring models and Edit models shown link.
Note: If you select Edit models shown to display one, all, or a selected set of scoring models, any future contact insights only shows your selection. If you prefer to hide scoring models, then go into contact insight for a database contact and set their own view via Edit models shown.
Email alerts can be in a queue for up to 7 days if there is no salesperson email address for the alert to be sent to.
The CRM Task is applicable to Salesforce.com, Dynamics CRM and SugarCRM integrated contact databases. Chatter is only applicable to Salesforce. Lead alerts are triggers based on a rule you've defined and will begin from the time you create it. Lead alerts are not retroactive.
There are three alert types:
- Email: Sends an alert to a user-defined email address or to an email address stored in a custom field.
- CRM Task: Displays in the CRM as a task assigned to the owner of the lead or contact with a due date and a reminder date.
- Chatter: Sends an alert in the chatter news feed in Salesforce.com.
The alert types activate based on your selection. If you choose to send alerts through email and hatter, only these two will activate – the CRM task tab remains grayed-out or deactivated.
The Alerts tab displays options based on the kind of alert you want to create. For example:
- To create an alert based on a lead's score or rank, these options display: When: score reaches and When: rank reaches.
- To create an alert based on when a contact submits a web form, the Submits web form option displays.
- To create an alert based on when a contact downloads a file, the Downloads file option displays.
- To create an alert based on when a contact enters a program, the Enters programs options displays.
On the Lead alerts tab:
- Enter a descriptive alert title.
- Select a score model and fill in the required information needed for the lead alert type selected.
- Choose how you want to send the alert.
Note: You can send one alert per contact. If the score threshold is increased or decreased, but the score remains within the initial rank criteria that you set up, Acoustic Campaign cannot cancel the alert send.
Sending a lead alert
Choose to send an alert to a sales representative or an email address.
- If you are sending to a sales representative, click the To field to select the field that contains the correct sales representative's email address.
- If you want to send the alert to an email address that may not be stored in your database, type one or multiple email addresses in the To field, separating additional email addresses with a comma ( , ).
Complete the subject line and email version fields. You can personalize these fields.
- List the text fields in your database to be sure to pick the field that contains valid email addresses.
- If the alert is tracking a file download link in an email, you must specify the name in the Downloads file field.
- Use no more than 2000 characters in your lead alert.
- You can have only one email address in the sales representative field. However, if you go to Send alert to > Email address you can add more email addresses, separated by a comma.
Editing or deleting a lead alert
- In Acoustic Campaign, select Scoring > Alerts.
- Click the Edit or Delete icon in the Actions column to make your changes.
- Click Done when completed.
Note: If you click Edit alert and the screen is minimized, you cannot view the entire dialog pop-up, which includes the Save alert button and the Cancel alert button. Refresh the page and click the Edit alert link to display the buttons.
Pausing lead alerts
To pause or temporarily suspend an existing alert message:
- Go to Scoring > Alerts.
- Click the Pause icon in the Actions column next to the alert you want to pause.
The icon changes to Play and the Status changes to Paused.
- To restart the alert, click the Play icon.
The Status changes to Active.
Downloading lead alerts for a landing page or web form
When you create a lead alert for a downloaded file, use the link name instead of the file name.
When setting up lead alerts, the Downloads file type can be chosen to trigger an alert. When this alert is set up for landing pages and web forms, it must be configured properly in order for it to trigger upon download. In order for lead alerts for a file download from landing pages or web forms to work, the link name must be entered instead of the 'file name'. Ensure that you enter the link name in order for the alert to be triggered.
Sending a CRM task alert
- Type the task's name in the Subject.
- Type the message in the Body.
- Select Add contact insight to task description if you want the task to display in Contact Insight.
- Set the reminder and due dates. The task details will be sent to the Sales representative's inbox in Salesforce.
Sending an alert through chatter
To send a scoring alert through chatter:
- Click Chatter.
- Type the message in the body field (up to 1000 characters).
- Click Done.
- (Optional) Add personalization to your chatter.
Alerts sent through chatter display as a chatter newsfeed in Salesforce.