An alert is a message received when a contact performs an action, such as when a score or rank threshold is reached or when a contact submits a Web form, downloads a file, or enters a program.
You can perform these tasks:
- Create and edit alerts
- Send alerts using email.
- Add a contact insight to an alert
Learn how to:
- Add a contact insight link to an alert
- Work with lead alerts
- Send a CRM task alert
- Send alerts through Chatter
Adding a contact insight link to an alert
Add the Contact Insight URL to the Alert email message and send it to sales representatives. It provides another channel for the salesperson to access Contact Insight.
- Choose Alerts from the Scoring menu.
- Click Create Alert.
- Select the Email tab on the Create a Lead Alert
- Select the Add Contact Insight to email version
When the salesperson or sales user opens the alert and clicks the Contact Insight URL, the link opens the Contact Insight Web page. Note: The link requires authentication to Acoustic Campaign, thus, users must log in to access the Contact Insight page.
Contact Insight displays the multiple Scoring models and Edit Models Shown link.
Note: If you select Edit Models Shown to display one, all, or a selected set of Scoring models, any future contact insights only shows your selection. If you prefer to hide scoring models, then go into contact insight for a database contact and set their own view via 'Edit Models Shown'.
Email alerts can be in a queue for up to 7 days if there is no salesperson email address for the alert to be sent to.
The CRM Task is applicable to Salesforce.com, Dynamics CRM and SugarCRM integrated contact databases. Chatter is only applicable to Salesforce.com. Lead alerts are triggers based on a rule you've defined and will begin from the time you create it. Lead alerts are not retroactive.
There are three alert types:
- Email: Sends an alert to a user-defined email address or to an email address stored in a custom field.
- CRM Task: Displays in the CRM as a task assigned to the owner of the Lead or Contact with a due date and a reminder date.
- Chatter: Sends an alert as a Chatter News Feed in Salesforce.com.
Acoustic Campaign activates the corresponding tab for each alert type you select.
- For example, if you choose to send alerts through email and Chatter, Acoustic Campaignactivates only the Email and Chatter The CRM Task tab remains grayed-out or deactivated.
The Alerts tab displays options based on the kind of alert you want to create. For example:
- To create an alert based on a lead's score or rank, these options display: When: Score Reaches and When: Rank Reaches.
- To create an alert based on when a contact submits a web form, the Submits Web Form option displays.
- To create an alert based on when a contact downloads a file, the Downloads File option displays.
- To create an alert based on when a contact enters a program, the Enters Programs options displays.
On the Lead Alerts tab:
- Enter a descriptive alert title.
- Select a score model and fill-in the required information needed for the lead alert type selected.
- Choose how you want to send the alert.
Note: You can send one alert per contact. If the score threshold is increased or decreased, but the score remains within the initial rank criteria that you set up, Acoustic Campaign cannot not send the alert.
Sending a lead alert
Pausing lead alerts
Learn how to pause or temporarily suspend an existing alert message.
To pause an alert message:
- Go to Scoring > Alerts.
- Click the Pause icon in the Actions column next to the alert you want to pause.
The icon changes to the Play icon and the Status changes to Paused.
- To restart the alert, click the Play
The Status changes to Active.
Sending a CRM task alert
- Type the task's name in the Subject
- Type the message in the Body
- Select Add Contact Insight to task description if you want the task to display in Contact Insight.
- Set the Reminder and Due dates. The task details will be sent to the Sales representative's inbox in Salesforce.
Sending an alert through Chatter
To send a Scoring alert through Chatter:
- Click the Chatter
- Type the message in the Body field (up to 1000 characters).
- Click Done.
- (Optional) Add personalization to your chatter.
Alerts sent through Chatter display as a Chatter newsfeed in Salesforce.