The Session Event Funnel shows you how successfully visitors progress through a website to complete conversion events at a site-wide level. Conversion events are non-commerce, high-value objectives on your website that are defined by the Conversion Event tag.
Use the Session Event Funnel report to identify potential bottlenecks that visitors encounter that prevent them from successfully completing their objectives on your website. You might want to monitor the overall effect of major landing page design changes, conversion process changes such as registration, or the addition of significant new events.
You can compare different time periods to find key points in the process that are increasing or declining in success. Alternatively, you can compare time periods to measure the before and after the impact of a major site change on the overall event conversion process.
You can use the Session Event Funnel report to:
- For dramatic drop-off from Visit to Browse
- Review the Entry Pages report to find major entry points that have high bounce rates to identify visitor goals that are not being met.
- Use a solid event completion rate to drive key business objectives
- With a solid event completion rate, review the Events report to drill down deeper, and find top events that can be used to drive key initiatives. The following are examples of events for key actions on a website.
Increase site stickiness Improve retention marketing Improve self-service Multi-channel activity
Play online game
View account information
Use an online calculator
Use trip planner
Use the comparison tool
Register for newsletter
Sign up for a webinar
Add items to a wish list
Set email alerts
Sign up for a bridal registry
Download help documents
Download marketing info
Use store locator
Visit the "contact us" page
Initiate® chat session Register for callback
Key performance indicators for the Session Event Funnel report
By focusing on key performance indicators in the Session Event Funnel, you can determine whether visitors are successfully completing conversion events on your site.
The Session Event Funnel report provides the following metrics in the default view.
- All Visitor SessionsNew Visitor Sessions (The total number of sessions that involved new visitors.) Previous Visitor Sessions
Article is closed for comments.