Products that are listed under No Category Assigned in the Product Categories report indicate a problem with either the Category Definition File (CDF) or the Digital Analytics tags.
Install the Digital Analytics Plug-in to access the Digital Analytics TagBar.
Products are listed in the top-level No Category Assigned category when Digital Analytics receives category information from a product tag, but the category ID is not present in CDF. Products are listed in a No Category Assigned subcategory (No Category Assigned > No Category Assigned) when the products do not send category ID information in the Digital Analytics tag.
- Open the Digital Analytics TagBar.
- Check the tags for the products under No Category Assigned.
- For products listed under No Category Assigned at the top level, check the category ID in the corresponding Product View tags and ensure that the category ID is mapped correctly in the CDF.
- For products listed in a No Category Assigned subcategory, ensure that the Product View tags contain the correct Category ID.
- Make any necessary changes to your Product View tags or CDF.
- If you make changes to the CDF file, the updated file must be uploaded to Digital Analytics.
The next time the report is processed, the Product Categories report reflects the updated category structure.