Acoustic Campaign runs many processes in the 'background' so that users are able to work elsewhere in the application while the process runs.
When you click Submit to do things like merge databases, copy databases, import databases, or recurring import, you are submitting a data job to process.
Acoustic Campaign puts the data job in queue for processing. You can choose to receive an email notification when the job is complete.
The following processes are all data jobs:
- Copy database
- Create active report
- Create database from results
- Creating new value report
- Delete database
- Export results data (tracking results for an email)
- Recurring import
- Merge databases
- Opt-out bounces
- Purge databases
- Segment database
- Set field values
- Target segment
Receive an email notification about the data job
After you submit a process that triggers a data job, the summary appears:
- Select the email notification option.
- Enter your email address.
- Click Submit.
Check the status of the data job
You can check the status at any time on the data jobs details or data jobs page.
Access the data jobs
You can click a link on the Data Jobs Submitted page or go to the menu and click Resources > Data Jobs.
Data job details page
Data Job Detail - lists all the details of the data job that includes ID, description, and status.
Data job page
You can view all data and recurring jobs by going to Data > Data jobs. The Data Jobs page provides a listing of all data jobs for an account. The Job ID identifies each data job and is the identification number that is needed if you contact support. The data on this screen provides a comprehensive report of the status and results of each data job, including the type, the duration, the start time, and the status.
Organization administrators can cancel or delete data jobs. For recurring data jobs, organization administrators can perform these actions:
The following functions can be performed from the data jobs page:
- Cancel - To cancel a job in progress, check the box next to it and click Cancel.
- Delete - To delete a job that you no longer want to see, such as a job that completed or failed, check the box next to it and click Delete.
- View - To see data job details, click the Job ID. If there were errors that are found in the data job, the first four errors appear.
For recurring data jobs, organization administrators can perform these actions:
- Run Now: Run the recurring job now.
- Skip Occurrence: Skip the next recurring job.
- Deactivate: Cancel a recurring job.
- Activate: Activate or start a recurring job.
Data jobs are automatically cleared by the system after 14 days. All data jobs that are 14 days old, are automatically deleted from the system, and are not recoverable. It is suggested that you save any results you might need later to your computer.
View the calculate query job
You can view the results of the data job on the Data Jobs page.
- Go to Data Jobs.
- Click the Job ID link to open the Data Job Detail page and view the query size.
Can I send data job notifications to multiple email addresses?
Data job notifications are directed to an individual email address, and no additional email addresses can be added in the Email Notification section when you submit a data job.
Why is the data job duration shorter than the actual time the job takes to complete?
The duration displayed on the Data Jobs page is the time that each job took from start to complete. But it does not reflect the time the job was in waiting before it starts. For example, here are the time stamps of a specific data job:
Created: 10/28/19 11:00:01 AM
Started: 10/28/19 11:52:19 AM
Completed: 10/28/19 11:59:07 AM
The job itself took 7 minutes to complete as shown in that the Duration. But the job was in Waiting for 52 minutes before it started. That 52 minutes waiting time is not displayed on the data jobs page.