Read through the following procedure to understand how to use the Send Acoustic Campaign Email function for Campaigns.
Complete the following steps to Send Acoustic Campaign Email for Salesforce Campaigns.
- Log on to Salesforce.com and access Campaigns.
- Click the name of the Campaign you want to use to send an Acoustic Campaign email.
- In the upper-right area of the page, select the drop down, and click Send Acoustic Campaign Email.
- In the Select Template dialog box, use the drop-down menu to choose the template that accompanies your message.
If you want to add any text in addition to the content in the template, you must choose a template with an asterisk * in front of its name.
Note: Ensure you have added synchronized leads and contacts to the campaign as Campaign Members. Non-syncing campaign members are not sent the email.
- Click Next to save your template choice and move to the Compose Your Email.
Note: In the Compose Your Email page, fields that are preceded by red vertical lines are required fields. If you choose a template that does not have an asterisk that is preceding its name, then in the Personal Message area you are not allowed to add a personal message to the contact.
- Review the Message Information area and confirm your details. You can also choose the Insert Personalization to include various items to make the message more personal to each contact, such as inserting their first or last name, an account number, a birthday, and more. For example, you can send an email to all account holders on their birthday and offering a 20%-off coupon.
Note: Personal Messages are limited to 255 characters. If personalization is used for fields such as company name, the actual name of the company is used in the total character count.
- After you compose your personal message, you can choose to send it now or later using the drop-down menu in the Send Options.
- If you choose the Send Later option, a date and time field displays showing the current date and time. Place your cursor to specify the date and time field. A pop-up calendar is displayed that enables you to select a future date. Select a time by manually entering it after you choose a date.
- In the Send Options section, you can use the Preview to preview your message. In addition, if you want to make changes to your message, you can use the Back on each page.
- When your message is complete and you are sure that everything is set exactly as you want it, you can use the Send to complete the process and send your personalized message. A processing message text and an activity bar are displayed.
When complete, you receive a confirmation message that states your email has been submitted and will be processed according to your settings.
- Press OK to close the window. The Campaigns page is displayed.