You can use the Manual Impression tag to collect marketing impressions for individual tracked Onside Marketing Links (Site Promotions or Real Estate), in cases where automatic impression tracking cannot function or is intentionally disabled.
Manual Impression tags are typically implemented in conjunction with a related Manual Link Click tag. One Impression tag is called for each related Site Promotion or Real Estate link object on a given page.
- Common Use Case
- Key Reports Populated
- Marketing (Site Promotions optional "Impressions" column); Content (Real Estate or Site Promotions optional "Impressions" column).
To use the Manual Impression tag, a call is made to cmCreateManualImpressionTag (…) function with the appropriate parameters.
Note: The following values are automatically removed from Acoustic Digital Analytics tag parameter data and cannot be collected or reported:
- Single quote (')
- Double quote (")
- Carriage return (hex 0D; regular expression \r)
- Line feed (hex 0A; regular expression \n)
- Comma (,): replaced with a space character prior to data loading and reporting
- Page ID (Required): The unique Page ID value associated with this impression. This value should match the value sent with the Page View for this page/object. This should match the Page ID of the related 'Link Click' tag. Length: 256.
- Track Site Promotion (Optional): Required to track a Site Promotion Impression. This is a valid cm_sp= value: "group-_-promotion-_-link". Length: 256.
- Track Real Estate (Optional): Required to track a Real Estate Impression. This is a valid cm_re= value: "version-_-area-_-link". Length: 256.