The stored files folder includes media content and other external resources available for creating and editing mailing content. When you import content for a particular mailing, the file can become available for later use in the stored files section, if imported into this section. Use the asset library if you want to store items for later use and for longer periods of time. Asset library files and hosted files are not included in stored files.
Stored file types
- Export files
- Import files
- Database import jobs
- Message content
- Template exports
Warning: Data job content stored in system folders including exported files, imported files, list import jobs, and template exports will be permanently deleted after 14 days. Mailing content stored in system folders including audio, message content, and videos will be permanently deleted after 30 days.
To access stored files, go to Content > Stored files.
View the files in a folder
In the File name column, select the folder name.
When you select the file, you can manage and organize the files as described below.
The following folder options are available by clicking the appropriate icon or button:
- Rename - Gives the folder a different name.
- Delete - Permanently deletes the folder and its contents from stored files.
- Move to - Moves the selected folder to a different location in stored files.
- Upload - Uploads a file to the selected folder.
The following file options are available:
- Rename - Gives the file a different name.
- Delete - Permanently deletes the file from stored files.
- Move to - Organizes files by placing them in folders.
- Save a copy - Makes a copy of the file.
- Download - Downloads files from Campaign.
- Export to FTP - Exports files to the users' 'download' folders in their FTP account.
- Upload - Browse to upload files and store them in Campaign.
- Import from FTP - Imports a file that has been uploaded to an 'upload' folder of the user's FTP account to the current folder in stored files
Why do I get an application error when accessing stored files? When accessing Content > Stored Files, a general application error appears.
There is currently a 2GB size limitation for files within the stored files area. If a data job generated an export file exceeding the limit, it may cause stored files to be inaccessible for all users. For example, exporting a list of several million contacts with many custom fields included can generate a file that exceeds 2GB.
Please create a case with client support to have this file removed from the backend in order for stored files access to be available again.
If you need to export a list that will generate a file in excess of 2GB, please leverage the call which automatically puts the file in your SFTP server (unless the tag ADD_TO_STORED_FILES is included).
Why is the Authenticate button grayed out when trying to download a file?
You have exported a file (exported database, exported tracking metrics from a single mailing report, exported query, etc), and located it under Content > Store Files > Manage Stored Files > Private tab > Export Files.
You have copied and pasted your password into the Authenticate to Access Files dialog box, but the Authenticate button is still grayed out.
As a security measure, you can't copy and paste passwords into this authentication box. You must manually type in your password for the authenticate button to activate.
Please sign in to leave a comment.