You can use Export to extract granular visitor behavioral data that you want to send to third parties or to use in analyses or marketing activities outside of the Digital Analytics application suite. These data extracts can be delivered to any external SFTP target.
Export is located under the Build section of the primary navigation menu.
To export data, choose an export type first:
Activity Record Feed delivers a daily export that includes one or more supported visitor site activities. The feeds are arranged so that every row in the export corresponds to a unique visitor-activity combination. For example, if a visitor browsed five pages and the Export Activity Record Feed is configured to include the Page View activity, five rows are included in the export file. Each row corresponds to a page viewed by the visitor.
You can select one of the following supported keys for the activity: CookieID(Visitor ID), CookieID+SessionID(Visitor ID - Session ID), RegistrationId(Registration ID).
- Customer Record Feed delivers a daily or weekly export that includes any number of visitor site activities, customer attributes, and session attributes. The feeds are arranged so that every row in the export provides all configured data for a unique visitor for the export time frame. You have only one entry, based on CookieID(Visitor ID), CookieID+SessionID(Visitor ID - Session ID), RegistrationId (Registration ID).
- Search Data Feed delivers a daily export that includes marketing program sales, attribution sales, and order data.
- Digital Data Feed delivers a daily export that is configurable to include the full set of raw Acoustic Digital Analytics data. The feeds are broken up into up to 16 different files that can be joined together based on unique keys on each file.
Next, configure data based on the type of export that you selected.
- Activity Record Feed - select export keys and activities.
- Customer Record Feed - select export keys and session fields.
- Search Data Feed - select breakouts and metrics.
- Digital Data Feed - select the data files that you want to include in your export file.
If you selected Activity Record Feed or Customer Record Feed, you have the option of selecting segments.
Finally, in Additional options, provide a name and description for the feed, the SFTP target, which is the FTP endpoint where you want to send the data, and a frequency for how often you want to send data. You can also specify that you want email notifications.
Manage SFTP targets
To manage SFTP targets, go to the Menu in the Export workspace and select Manage SFTP targets. The SFTP targets window opens where you configure file servers for export and import. To add a file server, click New, or to edit an existing file server, select a file server and configure it in the SFTP details pane. To configure file servers, specify the server address and port number, a directory for export and import files, and a user name and password for accessing the server. Additionally, you can add an email notification list. To save the configuration, click Save.
For Activity Record Feed and Customer Record Feed, provide a field delimiter and file extension for the export file.
Note: If you select Visitor ID - Session ID as the export key for Activity Record Feed, the key in the export file uses a HYPHEN (-) as the delimiter between cookieId and sessionId.
For Digital Data Feed, specify whether you want to compress files into .zip files. The Digital Data Feed export is compressed using the ZIP64 bit compression format. You need to use a ZIP tool that supports the ZIP64 format. Additionally, you must also specify a grouping of similar Marketing Channel vendors that you want to track together:
|1||VENDOR_CODE||The vendors that are passed by MMC parameters in the tag.||String(256)|
|2||CHANNEL_NAME||The name that is assigned to the group of vendor codes in Acoustic Digital Analytics.|
|3||CHANNEL_TYPE||The Channel Type assigned to the Channel Name. Can be Paid, Owned, Earned, or Uncategorized.|
For all feeds, indicate whether you want to include a header record. If you want to send email notifications, provide a list of email addresses. Click Submit to activate a daily or weekly processing of your feed.