The TagBar plug-in allows you to view tags that are sent to Digital Analytics from a Digital Analytics page.
To install the plug-in from the Digital Analytics UI, select TagBar installation from the Admin section of the primary navigation menu. The TagBar Installation modal opens and prompts you to download and install the plug-in. After you install the plug-in, the Acoustic Digital Analytics TagBar icon appears in your browser's toolbar. Open your website in a new browser window and click the Acoustic Digital Analytics TagBar icon to open the TagBar frame where you analyze your website's tags.
Within the TagBar frame, all Digital Analytics tags on the current page are shown, including all the values set within the tag. The TagBar indicates whether those tags are pointed to the test environment (
testdata.coremetrics.com) or the production environment (
data.coremetrics.com) in parentheses next to the name of the tag.
The Action menu in the upper left corner lists the actions that you can take with the TagBar.
- Refresh Tag Display - updates the tags displayed in the TagBar.
- Copy Selected Text - copies any text that is selected within the TagBar to the clipboard.
- Show/Copy Page ID - displays the Page ID for the current page and copies the value to the clipboard.
- Open Tag Monitor - opens a new window to display the Tag Monitor, which records all tags sent to Digital Analytics in a list form, separated by lines to indicate tags sent from the same page.
Tag Monitor logs the collection of all event-generated tags which are otherwise lost from the main TagBar display when a new HTTP load event occurs (such as a browser loading a new page). For example, a linkclick tag is sent when the visitor clicks a page anchor. This tag is only visible and recorded in the Tag Monitor window. Any other event within a page that executes new page navigation also is only visible and recorded in the Tag Monitor window.
You can also enable one of the following modes:
- Debug Mode - displays additional Acoustic-generated parameter data that is otherwise hidden, such as Page Start Time (st), Random (rnd), and any applicable (cj*) Client Managed 1st Party cookie parameters. This feature also excludes the display of certain Acoustic-generated or Event-generated Tags, such as Link Click tag, Link Impression tag, and Form Action tag.
- Tag Audit Mode - checks tags and tag properties to ensure they are valid.