Journey reports can be configured in a number of ways to focus on the particular audiences and types of customer activity that you want to analyze. Before you create or analyze a journey report, learn the key components of these reports.
- What are touch points?
- What is a look-back/look-forward range?
- What are the journey metrics?
- Reporting on the top paths for one metric
- Reporting on the top path for each metric
What are touch points?
A touch point is the starting point or the ending point for a path in a journey report. When you create a journey report, you must define at least one touch point—a start point or an end point. You can also define both a start point and an end point.
What is a look-back/look-forward range?
If you define only an end point for your report, you can specify how many days from the end point to look backward for interactions. If you define only a start point, you can specify how many days from the start point you want to look forward for interactions.
For a cart purchase made on February 14, the report will look back seven days (to February 7) for interactions. Notice that the seven-day look-back range for the February 3 purchase extends backward into January—before the start of the event date range.
What are the journey metrics?
The number of top paths is set by organization. For details, contact Support.
Each path in the report shows results for the following metrics:
- Average revenue—Average revenue generated by each customer who traveled the path.
- Duration—Average duration of the path from the first interaction to the last interaction.
- Unique customers—Number of unique customers who traveled the path. Customers who traveled the path multiple times during the date range are counted only once.
Reporting on the top paths for one metric
Choose one of these metrics to define the top: longest duration, highest average revenue, or greatest number of unique customers to view the top paths. Your choice of metric depends on the business question you are trying to answer with your path analysis.
Your report results will show the top paths according to the ranking option that you choose. For each of the top paths, the results of the other metrics are also displayed.
Reporting on the top path for each metric
If you pick the top journey for all metrics, the report results will include the top path for each metric.