Read through the following procedure to understand how to map additional fields after the sync is active.
Complete the following steps to map the additional fields.
- In the Organization Settings, go to the CRM and Scoring Settings section, and then click Edit.
- Click Manage CRM.
- On the Manage CRM page, access the Field Mappings
- The Active Mapping tab displays an activated mapping.
- The Working Copy tab displays the active map; however, this is where you make mapping revisions.
- The Leads tab displays the Salesforce.com Lead fields available for mapping to Acoustic Campaign.
- The Contacts tab displays Salesforce.com Contact fields available for mapping to Acoustic Campaign.
- The Accounts tab displays Salesforce.com Account fields available for mapping to Acoustic Campaign.
- The Review & Activate tab displays the working copy mapping edits that are applied to the active mapping.
- Click the Working Copy
- Select the Salesforce.com field that you want to map by hovering your mouse over the field, and then click the Create Field Mapping icon that displays as you hover over it. This opens a window where you can map the field.
- Select the appropriate radio button to either map to an existing Acoustic Campaign field or a newly created field. If you choose to create a new Acoustic Campaign field, check the box 'Use CRM Field Name' or type in a different field name. Make sure the Field Type for the new Acoustic Campaign field is compatible with the Salesforce.com field type.
- Click Next.
- On the next page, you will have two options.
- Pull data from today going forward Existing field values on currently syncing records is not synchronized up until the synchronized record is modified. This modification triggers a sync per the specified field mapping direction.
- Pull all historical Data is required when you need to back fill the target field with existing data that is already populated in the source field and is also required to initialize the bidirectional field mappings in order to fulfill the Initially pull data from
Note: If this field already contains data in the source system (Acoustic Campaign or Salesforce.com), it is recommended to choose Pull all historical data. The step will make sure that existing data is populated in the opposite system. The pull data from today going forward option populates updates that occur after this field mapping is activated.
- Choose the direction in which you want the data to synchronize.
- CRM to Acoustic Campaign Only Updates only flow to Acoustic Campaign.
Acoustic Campaign to CRM Only Updates only flow to CRM. Most suitable for Acoustic Campaign scoring model fields.
Bidirectional: Updates synchronizes back and forth once the mapping is initialized. Bidirectional initialization simply means that the Initially pull data from has been satisfied either through the Pull all historical data selection (or) the record has naturally synchronized due to a modification.
- Click Save.
- Repeat steps 1-10 to map all the additional fields.
- The final step after you map all your fields is to activate the mapping. The step creates the new Acoustic Campaign fields and allow data to begin syncing. To activate the mapping, click the Review & Activate Review the field mappings to be sure that they are correct. Then, click the Activate button.