This task pertains to using Unica Campaign to send email communications from Acoustic Campaign. It is important to do a test run before you commit to a production run.
A test run is extremely important because it is your opportunity to confirm that the Audience Database is properly created Acoustic Campaign and contains all the expected fields from Unica Campaign. Never do a production run without first doing a test run.
Typically, you do a test run after you finish configuring the Email process in a Unica Campaign flowchart.
The purpose of the test run is to confirm connectivity between Unica Campaign and Acoustic Campaign and to verify all of the expected fields in the Acoustic Campaign.
A test run in Unica Campaign never sends a production email to customers, even if Send email to all contacts immediately (in the Email configuration dialog) is checked.
- Use Unica Campaign to open the flowchart (in Edit mode) that contains the configured Email process.
- Limit the test run to just a few records. You will remove this restriction later after the test run is complete.
Note: This step is recommended but not required.
If you do not limit the test run, the entire contact list is sent to Acoustic Campaign during the test run, which is unnecessary and time-consuming.
- Double-click the process box that provides input to the Email process. For example, if a Select process is connected to the Email process, open the Select process configuration dialog.
- Select the Cell size limit tab.
- Use the Limit output cell size option under Test run output cell size limitations to restrict the number of records. Typically, 5 or 10 records are sufficient for a test run.
- Save the flowchart.
- Open the Run menu and use one of the Test run options to do a test run of the flowchart, branch, or process.
The contact list is sent to Acoustic Campaign and an Audience Database is created, but no emails are sent (regardless of whether Send email to all contacts immediately is selected).
- In the Acoustic Campaign, confirm that the Audience Database has been created with all the expected fields from Unica Campaign.
If you encounter any errors, resolve them and then do another test run. When you are satisfied with the test run results, you are ready to do a production run. See Implementing a production run in Unica Campaign.