Use the following procedure to create a database template for an FCI Email.
Acoustic Campaign uses database templates to leverage the fastest possible contact upload and email sending in the Fast Campaign Integration with Unica Campaign. A database template is defined in Acoustic Campaign as a database created in Acoustic Campaign that contains no contacts, but contains the fields that are used for template personalization, dynamic content rule building, and more. This database must be flexible, keyed databases cannot be used as a database template.
You must have access to the Acoustic Campaign UI to create a database template.
- On the Data tab of the Acoustic Campaign UI, navigate to Database > Create
- Ensure that Campaign Integration Database Template is selected as the type of database that you would like to create.
- In the Database or List Name field, designate the name of the database template. It is best practice to prefix the name with the acronym FCI so that it is distinguishable from other databases and so that it can be identified as belonging to the Fast Campaign Integration.
- Under Where would you like your database or list to be saved?, you must select Shared or a folder within Shared.
- Click Next.
Add a field for any data attribute you wish to use.
Type a name in the Field Name field.
Field names are required and cannot be changed after the database is saved. If you make a mistake, you must delete the field and create a new one.
Select a field type from the list.
You can create up to 400 fields in any combination of field types. However, it is recommended that your create no more than 255 field types.
Click Add Field.
The new field appears in the list of fields. Edit or delete fields by clicking the Edit link next to the new field name. Add as many fields as you need.
Add a text field called
- Type a name in the Field Name field.
- Click Save and then Create to continue.
campaignAudienceIdfield as a Lookup Key field.
- Go to View Data.
- Select the database you want to use.
- Click Settings.
- Click LookUp Keys.
In the Status column, check the box next to
After you select Save, the screen refreshes to the Database > Fields tab. A magnifying glass icon displays next to the lookup field.
- Click Save.
Create a campaign specific to the Fast Campaign Integration. For more information about creating a campaign, see Creating a campaign in FCI