There is an option to trigger a Send Acoustic Campaign Email process using MS CRM workflow that allows you to send automated emails based on Acoustic Campaign email templates when there is an event on a Lead or a Contact record.
Complete the following steps to automate a Send Acoustic Campaign Email from a workflow.
- Complete the following steps to create an Acoustic Campaign email definition.
- Go to Sales > Acoustic Campaign email Definition area.
- Click email Definition Wizard.
- A email Definition wizard window is displayed. Configure your email Definition.
- Populate email Definition Name and the rest of the fields. Select an Email Template that you would like to use for email Definition. Specify the personalization data and select Send Options.
Note: email Definition Name is a mandatory field. You cannot save the email Definition if you don't specify the email Definition Name.
- Click Save . The email Definition Wizard closes and you get back to an Acoustic Campaign email Definition grid view where you see all your email Definitions including the one you created.
- Complete the following steps to create a workflow. When you have at least one Acoustic Campaign email Definition, you need to create a workflow and associate an Acoustic Campaign email Definition with it. The workflow performs from a single action. It creates an Acoustic Campaign email record that is sent to Acoustic Campaign.
- Go to Settings > Processes . Click "New.
- Specify Workflow Name . Select Category = Workflow, select an entity as a Lead or Contact.
- Select Start when options.
- Add the workflow body. Click Add Step and select Check Condition.
- Select the row right below the condition and click Add Step button. Then, click Create Record option:
- In the Create picklist, select an Acoustic Campaign email entity and click Set Properties.
- Select email Definition from a lookup field.
- Select Source Lead or Source Contact from a corresponding lookup by specifying Lead or Contact ID from a panel to the right.
- Click Save and Close.
- Click Activate.
- Click Close.
Your workflow is ready to use. To verify, go to either Leads or Contacts area and open up a record that satisfies workflow condition (Sync to Acoustic Campaign = Yes), update it in a way that your workflow was configured for at step 3, save the record and wait until workflow completes its execution.
You must get a new Acoustic Campaign email record. The Acoustic Campaign email record must be associated with a email Definition that you specified during workflow configuration. Also, Source Type on an Acoustic Campaign email record is populated.