Using a Leads-to-Contact mapping template to have a sync create CRM Contacts from Acoustic Campaign Leads.
The standard Acoustic Campaign Lead sync process, as demonstrated in Map 1 - Acoustic Campaign to MS CRM - Lead Sync of the templates provided, is to update or create CRM Leads from Acoustic Campaign Leads.
If your company’s Business Model does not use CRM leads you can use our Leads-to-Contact mapping template to have the sync create CRM Contacts from Acoustic Campaign Leads.
Before you begin
This mapping template is provided in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM maps article and named Convert Acoustic Campaign Leads to Microsoft CRM Contacts. The map replaces the standard map 1 template for the Acoustic Campaign Lead to CRM Lead sync
Note: this lead-to-contact conversion is very different from the standard Lead to Contact conversion process which originates in CRM and is processed in map 5 -MS CRM to Acoustic Campaign - Contact Sync (Convert) of the templates provided.
About this task
The Query Block of the map asks Acoustic Campaign for Lead records that have been modified on and after the set “modifiedon” date in the Net Change tab. For Each Lead record found that is enabled for sync, Scribe will create a Contact record in CRM.
- Configure the map with Acoustic Campaign as the source and MS CRM as the target.
- Map the fields necessary to create a CRM contact (first name, last name, email etc).
- The Acoustic Campaign Lead RECIPIENT_ID must be mapped to the contact.sp_engageid for this process to work.
- Configure the map with MS CRM as the source and Acoustic Campaign as the target.
- The target entity in Acoustic Campaign is Contact and tells Acoustic Campaign the Lead should be a Contact record.
- Map the fields necessary to update \insert an Acoustic Campaign contact.
- The CRM contact.sp_engageid must be mapped to the Acoustic Campaign Contact RECIPIENT_ID field.
- The API in the Acoustic Campaign (Silverpop) connector will match the CRM Contact sp_engageid with the Acoustic Campaign Lead RECIPIENT_ID.
- The Acoustic Campaign lead will be converted to an Acoustic Campaign contact.
- The CRM contactid will be added to the CRM_SYNC_ID in Acoustic Campaign for the converted record.
An example of this Scenario is when a Lead is created in Acoustic Campaign from a web form submission. The new lead is then sent to CRM as a contact record. Before the sync back the new contact record in CRM may show the web form submission in the Contact Insight Iframe in CRM because the Recipient ID (sp_engageid) was included with the initial sync for the record.
*Note: The CRM Contact Insight iframe generally uses both the RECIPIENT_ID and the CRM_SYNC_ID to find a matching record in Acoustic Campaign. Some configurations may allow viewing the record if at least 1 of the values is available in CRM.
- The RECIPIENT_ID is stored as sp_engageid in CRM.
- The CRM_SYNC_ID is stored as the contactid or leadid in CRM.
After the sync back to Acoustic Campaign, the Contact Insight iframe will definitely show the web form submission because now Acoustic Campaign has a RECIPIENT_ID and CRM_SYNC_ID match from CRM.