All event-triggered programs incorporating SMS, mobile app messages, geofence or beacon activity require using a Universal Behavior (UB). You can use universal behaviors to add contacts to a program or as event criteria based on a specified action and rule.
If you plan to use universal behaviors in your program, configure them first: specify an app within the app group for UB attributes. To do this, will need to retrieve the app key from your mobile app developer.
Configure universal behaviors in a program
- Select an action and drag it to your desired location on the flow chart. Click an action to configure. Select Contacts who match the option ‘These rules’. The rule builder displays.
- Select Behavior > Universal behavior.
- Select Event. The attributes associated with that event are available to select criteria.
- Click Save & close.
Add contacts to a program with universal behaviors
Follow the steps below to add contacts to a program in response to specified events or user actions.
- Select a database containing universal behavior events as their Contact Source.
- Choose the Add contacts when the following events occur option.
- Select Universal behaviors.
Note: The menu item will not display if the selected database does not contain events.
- Select an event. Click Add behavior.
- Select your criteria and then click Apply.
Universal behavior events with program rules
Use universal behavior events criteria in the program flow with rules available for the following actions:
- Decision point
- Update profile
- Lead route
- Move to track
- Move to exit
- Add contact to campaign (if a CRM database is contact source)
- Sync to CRM (if a CRM database is contact source)
Please sign in to leave a comment.