This article includes the typical steps for the Acoustic Campaign user and your developer.
Set up Transact SMTP
- Support must enable Transact as an Acoustic Campaign non-email key-enabled organization.
- Coordinate with your developers on using an x-header in email messages.
- Create a restricted database for Transact with no contacts. Save it in the Shared folder.
- Create a transactional message group and select Transact as the event trigger.
- Complete a Transact email template and automate it.
- Reply to: The email address will automatically fill in the field.
- To: Enter your contact's email address.
- Subject: Copy the subject line from your Transact's group of automated messages summary page.
- Add your HTML or text into the email body area.
- Set the submission IP address.
- Test the email in Acoustic Campaign using the seed list that you created. The email is sent from the SMTP server to Transact. From there, it is processed instantly and is sent to the intended email inbox.
- See Message submission and response process (or contact support) for address information.
- If you do not receive an email message, there may have been a system error. Contact your IT department or developer. You can find system errors from the WAP servers in the system error logs and these errors are not indicative of email construction problems.
- You can also verify that the contact was added to the database in Transact.
- In Acoustic Campaign, go to Data > Database > View data.
- Select your Transact database.
- Click the Search tab to see the contact in the database.
Send an email using Transact SMTP
- Set up Transact SMTP message sending. Make sure that your SMTP server settings match the settings in Transact.
- Email address: Use the from address that is provided in the group of automated messages summary.
- Outgoing server settings: Find your organization's pod by going to high-level settings on to Acoustic Campaign. For example, the organization belongs to pod 4, so the outgoing server settings could be transact-campaign-us-4.goacoustic.com.
- Route your MTA server to the Acoustic Campaign MTA server. Transact SMTP can only accept messages in standard SMTP format. You can submit requests to the Transact SMTP MTA only. Documents cannot contain multiple contacts.
- The HTTP response address replies to the submitter IP address.
- If using an x-header for campaign recognition, you must provision x-header support in the original email header that you routed to Transact.
An organization can submit from several internal IP addresses. You can also use them to identify messages by campaign.
There is no developer API for this application. Configuration occurs when you set up a transactional message group in Acoustic Campaign.