Use this procedure to install and configure the Firefox extension so that you can capture your own snapshots. Firefox is the only browser that you can use to capture snapshots in Acoustic Experience Analytics (Tealeaf). You must have Firefox version 38 or higher.
The Firefox extension for capturing snapshots does not support hybrid applications.
The November 2018 release of CX Overstat® on Cloud includes a feature that updates the snapshot extension to the latest version automatically. In order to make use of the Auto-update feature, you need to install version 126.96.36.199 of the extension as described here. Once you install the version of the extension that has auto-update, from that point on it automatically checks the version of the Snapshot Extension that is currently installed. If auto-update determines there is a newer version of the Extension is available, Firefox displays a message to the user, asking permission to install the Extension.
- Select Snapshot gallery.
If you have not installed the Firefox extension, a message is displayed: Install the Firefox extension to capture your own snapshots.
- Click Install the Firefox extension to capture your own snapshots.
- In the Install Snapshot Extension window, right-click on Download extension and select Save link as.
- In the Software installation window, select the download file location.
The file name is saassnapshotcapture.xpi.
- After the download finishes, open the folder where you saved the file.
- Drag the file onto the Install Snapshot Extension window.
Firefox prompts to see whether you want to install the extension.
- Click Install.
The Acoustic Overstat Snapshot Capture extension is installed.
- Configure the Capture properties:
- Select the Capture properties icon.
- Select the devices for which you want capture views. You automatically get a Desktop view for any capture, but you can also select tablet and phone views for all captures.
- Optional: Set the device capture delay in seconds.
The delay occurs between the time a page is loaded for device capture, and the time that the capture is performed.
- Optional: Change the shortcut key sequence for capturing snapshots.
Place your cursor in the Capture Shortcut field and press the sequence of keys for generating a snapshot capture.Note: The only way to go back to the default shortcut is to reenter it manually.
Why would I use the a keyboard shortcut to capture snapshots?: There might be occasions when you want to capture a page in a particular state (where a panel or pop-up menu is displayed), but when you go to the capture (camera) icon, the state of the page to changes (the pop-up menu or side panel goes away). On such occasions, you can use a shortcut key sequence to capture the snapshot.
When would I change the keyboard shortcut?: The default capture shortcut is ALT+SHIFT+A. If the default capture shortcut conflicts with an existing shortcut on your system, you can change it.
- Enter the URL for your Acoustic Experience Analytics (Tealeaf) portal. If the URL / domain name for the portal changes, you must make sure that the new domain name is reflected in the Tealeaf URL field here. See Updating the Tealeaf URL in snapshot capture for details.
- Click Update to apply the capture settings.