You can have your emails approved before they are sent to contacts. Emails that are waiting for approval are listed on the Scheduled and sent tab with a status of Pending approval.
Approval groups are comprised of individuals whose permission is required before an email can be sent. Once an approval group is created, it can be assigned to individual users. When a user is assigned an approval group, all their emails must be approved before they can be sent to contacts.
Considerations for approval groups include:
- Users can be members of multiple approval groups.
- Each email requires approval from just one person in the approval group.
- If multiple groups are assigned to approve the email, approval is required from one member of each group.
- If a person is in more than one approval group, that approval counts for all groups in which that person is a member.
- If one group member approves an email, another group member can't reject the email.
- While users who send emails can be included in approval groups, they can't approve their own emails.
- Once an email is scheduled, approval groups can't be added for that email.
- You can't delete an approval group if any user's profile has the approval group specified.
Approval groups are created, assigned, and managed by organization administrators.
Approve pending email
- If you are assigned to an approval group, you can approve an email before it is sent. On the Pending approval tab, open an email and click Approve or Reject.
- If you approve, the email is sent as scheduled.
- If you reject the email, enter the reason for rejection in the dialog box and click OK.
- Once emails have been approved, they are automatically sent at their scheduled time.
- If an email is rejected, a notification message, limited to 254 characters, is sent to the user who is attempting to send the email.
Please sign in to leave a comment.