Mobile consent means that you can identify and manage contacts that are opted-in and opted-out of receiving your mobile messages and notifications. When a mobile user is opted-in, the user installed the app. When a user is opted-out, the user uninstalled the app. Consent only works when your organization's database is enabled for mobile app messages.
Identify active and inactive mobile app contacts
Active mobile app contacts are tracked with the mobile app push channel consent when they install your mobile app with the integrated SDK.
Here's how you can query your main database, based on mobile app consent, to segment contacts who opted-in or opted-out of receiving your messages and notifications.
- Create a query based on Mobile app push channel consent to identify contacts who have the app installed (choose Opted-in to), or uninstalled the app (choose Opted-out of).
- In Data, create a new query with these configurations:
- Profile: select Channel.
- Contact: In the Choose channel behavior list, select Is opted-in to (or Is opted-out of).
- Channel: Select Mobile app push.
- Apps: Select specific apps or leave set to Any app.
- Save and calculate the query to get a count of the number of contacts.
- When the data job is complete, look on the Data job details page and click the Query name to view the Query summary page.
In the Query summary, you can see the count in the Query size field, or search contacts who have your app actively installed or who have uninstalled your app.
Note: If you add the Channel consent criteria to a query used in a message list, the sending operation is slowed. You do not need to add it to a message list as the message is sent only to the active users with opt-in channel consent.
For uninstall data, mobile app channel opt-out is only updated after the system attempts to send a push message to a user device that uninstalled the app. Once uninstall feedback is processed, the contacts will not receive push messages they re-install or install another app.