Are you looking for ideas on how you can set up a mobile campaign? Take a look at these use cases to get you started.
Notify app users of a sale or a product launch
The advantage of mobile messages over emails lies in the response time – customers check their smartphones more frequently than email clients. That is why mobile campaigns are particularly effective when combined with real-time marketing. For this example, we will use a sportswear store and an iconic sporting event – Super Bowl.
- New England Patriots win Super Bowl.
- Create a segment of customers who use your app and have football merchandise in their purchase history records.
- Send a push notification with an offer on Patriots branded t-shirts to customers in that segment.
- When the customer taps the notification, they will be taken to a personalized website with the item on sale.
Reach customers based on their behavior across multiple channels
Omnichannel marketing has enabled marketers to build multi-step communication paths adjusted to customers' behaviors and decision-making process. An example of such a path could be a cart abandonment campaign.
- Your customers receive a monthly newsletter with offers personalized based on different attributes, including demographic and behavioral data.
- When a customer clicks on a link in the email, they are taken to a personalized website.
- If the customer adds items to their cart but leaves the website without completing the purchase, you can act by creating a program that reaches them via mobile messages.
- Create a segment of all customers that performed the same behavior and use your mobile app.
- Send a push notification that motivates the customer to go back and finish their shopping.
- The customer clicks on the notification that takes them back to the website.
Push the latest news from your app to all contacts
The White House has a mobile app that pushes the latest news from the White House to all mobile registrants of the app. These news flashes include events that the President is attending, White House Press briefings, and other newsworthy items that come from the White House. The website Whitehouse.gov has a marketer who schedules push notifications for every mobile push registrant that attends each public White House event at the time the event is occurring. The notification includes an action that links to live video feeds during events and recordings of events after they occur.
Find contacts who did not receive a mobile app message
You want to identify all contacts within the last 30 days who did not receive a mobile app message about a shoe sale and were suppressed at the program step level.
- Create a query and use the Mobile Frequency Suppression universal behavior.
- Configure the target attributes
- Select a 30-day time frame.
More ideas for mobile campaigns
- Set up a mobile campaign to deliver details to your contact's device for a conference, event, or other location of interests.
- Use your mobile notifications to get mobile app users to opt-in to another campaign.
- Send your app users a coupon for a restaurant near an event location.