You can run the email and email billing reports to gain insight into your organization's usage of the email feature in Campaign.
To run the email report to create a list of emails that are sent by all users in your organization for a specified period, take these steps. The email report is supported only for email sends.
- Go to Settings > Activity reports > Mailing reports.
- On the Execute all mailings report page, choose a Start Date and an End Date. Enter dates or click the calendar to select dates. Times are reported in GMT.
- Click Execute Report. The file is downloaded to your computer's download folder.
The exported CSV file presents the following data:
- Name of the report
- Email subject
- Number of contacts
- The date the report was sent
- Forwards sent
- R = Regular email type
- A = Auto-responder type
- C = Campaign type. This is also referred to as a group of automated messages or automated message group
- Soft bounces
- Hard bounces
- Conversion amount (in dollars)
Email billing report
Generate a billing report to view email data that is sent by users for a defined period of time.
You can view this report for emails within the current organization or for associated organizations with the same billing ID.
There are some considerations for variances to take note of when viewing your billing report. With Email, there can be variances for a few reasons. Email totals that are pulled and provided by the Support team come directly from the extracts that are pulled from the pods each month. A supplemental report with information on campaigns, email IDs, and users can be sourced from this extract. This can be provided upon request. These more detailed reports often provide you with a way to validate what you are seeing in your report versus what we provide as billable totals each month.
- The first possible cause of variances are test campaigns, which are considered billable. Test campaigns are designed to expire after 2 weeks. If a client tries to pull a report after a test campaign has expired, it is excluded from the totals and the report. The test campaign will show on the report that the support team provides because Campaign records throughout the month, as the volume is happening.
- The second possible cause is dependent on how you pull a report on your end. The reporting functionality does not work properly if a span of months is entered in the parameters. You must pull each month individually.
- The third possible cause is that you might not have pulled all of your organizations in the report.
Generate a billing report
Note: Currently, while you can choose any dates on the calendar picker, when you run the report only 6 months' worth of data will be returned.
- Go to the Settings > Activity reports > Billing report.
- Select the time frame for your search.
- Click Execute Report.
- A file opens in a program that can view CSV file types and shows available columns.
- Billing ID number
- Organization name
- Last sent date/time
- Email ID
- Email name
- List name
- List ID
- Senders email
- Contacts sent in period
- Number monitored