Sharing and exporting your reports lets you show your data to anyone who needs to see it. You can share a screenshot to show data as it is at a single moment or share it via a link to ensure that the person always sees the most up-to-date and relevant data.
Sharing and exporting reports allow you to give access to your marketing campaigns' data. For example, you have worked hard on each campaign and use Performance Insights to show the results of your team's efforts. Is the vice president of your company asking to see how your marketing campaign is performing with your customers? You open Performance Insights, go to your report that includes your most recent email campaign, and export the report via a link. You can show your vice president precisely the data she cares about most. She can see it update in real-time as the report updates. She always sees precisely what you're seeing.
Then, at the end of Q1, your CMO asks to see how each SMS campaign performed during the year's first quarter (Q1). In Performance Insights, you create a new SMS report from standard reports. You then set the date range as Q1 of the current year. Then you export the report. The exported report shows the data for Q1 in a PDF. You can forward that along to your CMO, and they can gather the metrics they need for reporting purposes.
Share a report via a link
To share a report in Performance Insights:
- Select the report Menu > Share from the upper right corner of any report.
- The Share screen opens with an option to set a password. You can set a password to protect the report - just remember to share the password with whoever you want to share the report link with. Then click Generate link.
- After you hit the Generate link button, you will see this message:
Copy the link and send it to the recipient.
If you choose not to set a password but later decide you want a password on the report, you'll have to generate a new link. The old link will be invalid.
Though anyone you give the link to can view the report, only you can edit the report.
When sharing your report, it is good practice to give the report's name to the person you're sharing it. If any issues occur, the person can contact you for the link and password (if you set one).
You can find your link anytime by clicking the Share button from the report Menu again. However, remember your password. The password can never be reset. If you forget the password, you'll have to generate a new link to the report.
After you share your report, a shared icon appears in your Report menu for each report you share. Users who view a shared report link will see a new section in their report menu called "Shared with me", which displays the report shared by another user. Any Acoustic Campaign users not logged in will also see a shared icon when viewing a shared report link.
You can revoke sharing of a report so that no one can access it anymore. If you revoke sharing, it revokes viewing rights from all shared users.
- Click the Report menu and select Share.
- From the Share report screen, toggle Sharing is enabled to off.
- A confirmation window opens. Confirm that you'd like to turn off sharing.
Anyone who had the link will no longer have access. To share the report, go to Share and generate a new link.
Export a report
You can export an entire report to show someone a static image of a report as-is from the time you export it.
- Click Menu from the top right corner of your report.
- Select Export as PDF or Export Excel.
- You can cancel the export only before the widget data starts being collected.
- For a PDF export, only the data visible when you export the report is displayed in your export – so if you have the window minimized, only what is displayed is exported. If you have tables in your report that scroll, only the data visible on the screen is exported.
- For an Excel report, the entire report is exported to an Excel file. Each widget is displayed in its tab on the report.
Export widget data
Depending upon the widget type, you'll get different export options. To export your data from a widget, complete the following steps:
- Open the filter set that contains your data.
- In the widget, select the three-dot menu and click Export PNG or Download CSV. Your download will begin automatically.