IP pooling requires combining more than one IP as a single VMTA entry in your organization, giving you the ability to send to each IP in the pool. Every IP has its own associated VMTA. An IP pool combines every IP’s VMTA into a single VMTA entry/name in your organization.
Details, such as a list of IPs, pool name, and organization name, are needed before an IP pool setup can begin. Our deliverability team can help you with more insights and benefits around pooling your ISPs.
Note: Do not follow the steps below until your Account Representative or Client Success Director places the order and a case is raised. Implementing these steps can cause harm to your system. Do not complete until directed to do so by a provisioning specialist.
- Submit a request through the support portal at https://support.goacoustic.com. The request is typically included as a part of a new IP or a custom domain request.
- The Provisioning team confirms the IPs/VMTAs that should be pooled and the associated custom sending domains that will be used on the IP pool.
- List all of the IPs to be pooled, custom and sending domains, and the pool name.
- The Provisioning team validates the pool name and the Campaign organizations where the IP pool should be associated.
- Upon receipt of the necessary information, the Provisioning team works with an additional back-end team to pool IPs.
- The Provisioning team provides the new DNS records to be implemented by your IT team or domain-hosting provider, similar to the custom domain process.
- When back-end configuration is completed, the Provisioning team adds the pool name to the VMTA server settings of your organization.
- The Provisioning team performs an end-to-end validation check of the new pool configuration, which includes a request to send Acoustic an email from the domain and the new IP pool VMTA within the Campaign organization to validate DNS/authentication and links.
- When your IP is ready, your support case will be closed. You will no longer see the individual VMTAs under VMTA Servers in your organizations, as it will be replaced with POOL-NAME instead. All email sends will be pooled from the various IP/VMTAs going forward.
Acoustic Support and Service experts are available to assist you in navigating your new organization and using your IP pool. You can reach us via support case or your Account Representative or Client Success Director.
Article is closed for comments.