You can use the Site analytics feature to track program email statistics.
Before you begin, an Org admin must enable this feature (shown below) on the Integrations page. Also, you need an account with one of the following site analytics providers:
- AT Internet
- Site Intelligence
- Visual Sciences
Add an Analytics ID
Complete the following steps to add an Analytics ID:
- Click the dropdown menu and select Configure to open the dialog box.
- Enter the required information and click Configure.
Note: The Analytics ID is not available if the Org admin did not include '%%WA-Mailinglevel_Code%%' in your Organization settings. The email still tracks, however, it's not possible to add the additional identifier to report on.
- Click the Edit link under Advanced settings and enter your Analytics ID. Make sure that you enter a word or phrase that makes sense to the user when you are running your analytics report.
- Click Save > Validate.
The Org admin must complete the following steps to configure the Site analytics settings:
- Go to Settings > Administration > Organization settings.
- Click Integrations.
- Click Edit to configure your Site analytics package:
- Add the tracked domains.
- Add the domains you don't want to track (e.g. your own website).
- Select if you want to enable subdomains.
- Enter your append string. Include %%WA-Mailinglevel_Code%% if you want the ability to add a custom Analytics ID to your program email. If this piece is not in your append string, it is still tracked; it's not possible to customize it to a specific program/marketing effort.
To append the parameters set at Site analytics to program email links, you need to deactivate the program and reconfigure the emails. The program takes a snapshot of the org settings at activation. Any changes made afterward will not affect the program.