Before you configure cxReveal, complete all software installation for Tealeaf first. Additionally, you must have completed the initial configuration steps for the Tealeaf cxImpact product components.
Determine whether you are using NT authentication to access the Portal. If NT authentication is enabled, you can configure the automatic creation of user accounts when authenticated domain users first contact the Portal. You must configure the global auto-create settings and the auto-create settings for the individual product to which NT users are automatically assigned.
Note: The cxReveal database is installed and configured separately.
As part of your initial configuration, you should review the settings that are defined for cxReveal, especially if you are enabling auto-creation of user accounts for authenticated NT users.
- Log in to the Portal as an administrator.
- In the Portal menu, navigate to Portal Management.
- In the left navigation bar, click the cxReveal Settings link.
- Review the specific settings listed below for the following categories.
- cxReveal search
- cxReveal users
Before you begin configuring session attribute search, verify the following:
- Based on your traffic load, you should determine the number of cxReveal servers to deploy in your Tealeaf environment.
Note: Tealeaf supports the deployment of multiple cxReveal Servers.
- At least one cxReveal machine has been installed and integrated into the network. Machine must meet Tealeaf pipeline and Database Server requirements.
- cxReveal database has been installed on a server hosting a dedicated SQL Server instance.
- Through the cxImpact installer, the cxReveal pipeline has been installed on each cxReveal machine capturing session attribute data.
- Session attribute search requires the Event Bus, a feature of cxConnect for Data Analysis.
cxReveal search settings
During initial configuration, you should review the following specific settings for cxReveal search.
||If you are planning to enable your CSRs to add annotations to replayed sessions, you can specify the set of available annotations here.|
||You can specify the default session list template to be applied to all cxReveal users.|
||When enabled, event information is displayed on mouse-over in the session list templates. Note: This information might present a security risk. You might want to enable this feature with only a single cxReveal account and test it before enabling it for all cxReveal users.|
||When enabled, information about the CX Passive Capture Application and its server is displayed when cxReveal users drill-down into a specific page of a session. Note: This information might present a security risk. You might want to enable this feature with only a single cxReveal account and test it before enabling it for all cxReveal users.|
||When enabled, cxReveal users can drill into the Page Detail page in session data. Note: This information might present a security risk. You might want to enable this feature with only a single cxReveal account and test it before enabling it for all cxReveal users.|
||The maximum number of active sessions to return from an active search.|
||When enabled, cxReveal users must populate at least one search field before submitting the search. This feature limits the execution of unnecessarily large searches.|
||Enables the removal of toolbars and buttons from the Browser-Based Replay window, which will force a new window and not a new tab in the browser.|
||When enabled, searches executed through cxReveal must contain at least one populated search field to limit their scope.|
Note: If you installed the cxReveal database, some additional cxReveal settings must be configured.