Complete the basic configuration options for the CX Passive Capture Application processing pipeline. The PCA pipeline is configured through the Pipeline tab in the PCA web console.
- If cookies are inserted into the request to uniquely identify visitors, configure the
PCAto sessionize based on these cookies. Experience Analytics supports multiple mechanisms
The preferred method for sessioning is to use the Experience Analytics Cookie Injector, a lightweight server-side method for injecting unique identifiers as cookies in the request data.
- Configure the CX Passive Capture Application to capture the recommended text-based types of
request and response data (Business mode), or you can configure the Business mode data and binary
types, such as images (BusinessIT mode).Note: BusinessIT mode requires more system storage.
- Specify the request methods that are captured to be any of the following
- Grades can be assigned to times measured by the PCA based upon interpolating between timestamps observed in network packets. You can assign threshold values and grades for Web Server Page Generation, Network Transit, and Round Trip times.
- Review all available options for how hits are processed by the PCA before you forward it to the delivery peer. These settings can affect storage requirements and PCA performance.
- You can also configure the PCA to capture or drop from capture specified file types, Mimetypes, and all POST types.