If your web server deployment does not use a load balancer and does not operate under a single virtual IP (VIP), you can configure your CX PCA network interface without transparent load balancing.
To configure the CX PCA interface in a non-load balanced environment:
- Open the CX PCA web console.
- Click the Interface tab.
- If Enable Transparent Load Balancing is selected, deselect Enable Transparent Load Balancing.
- Add a CX PCA instance
by clicking Add Instance.You can add additional CX PCA instances to capture network traffic. Each CX PCA instances requires the use of an additional processor core. You can add up to N-1 instances, where N is the total number of processor cores in your CX PCA server. For example, if your system has eight processor cores, you can enable seven CX PCA instances.
- You can use default port numbers to define the port numbers
in the filter rules by clicking Populate Ports.
The default port numbers are 1024 through 65535. If you want to filter different port numbers for a CX PCA instance, you can add a filter rule or edit the instance.
- If you want to change the settings for an instance, locate Instance
List and click Edit next to the
instance to begin making your changes.You can also delete and instance by clicking Delete or remove the filter rules for an instance by clicking Clear Filters.
- If you are installing the CX PCA for the first time, edit the filters for each CX PCA instance.
- From the Primary Interface drop-down, select the network
device on which you want this instance to listen.
- In most cases, you should not listen to a device whose IP address is listed in the drop-down and
is listed with a down status. If you see a
downstatus message for a device, then the operating system for the device is not configured to be active.
- For a simple configuration, you can leave the other configuration options with their default values.
- In most cases, you should not listen to a device whose IP address is listed in the drop-down and is listed with a down status. If you see a
- Click Update to save your changes.
- Click Save Changes to apply your changes to the CX PCA.
The CX PCA is now configured to capture traffic on the selected NIC.