This following topics provide a framework for the initial configuration of one component of the Experience Analytics CX system in a simplified deployment model. Depending on your deployment, more configuration might be required. If you have any questions about configuration, contact Support.
Configuration of the PCA is dependent on the server environment where it resides. These topics provide an example configuration for a simple system:
- One PCA server
- One PCA instance
- One Processing Server
After you complete installation of the PCA software, follow the steps to configure the PCA to capture web application traffic and forward to one or more the Processing servers.
Before you begin configuring the PCA, verify that you meet the following requirements and acquired the following information.
- The operating system for the PCA server is installed with the recommended packages.
- The operating system is properly configured.
- The PCA software is installed in a directory on the PCA hardware.
To complete the steps in this configuration, you must acquire the following information:
- The IP address of the PCA hardware
- The Network Interface Cards that is connected to the PCA device that are providing the traffic source
- The host name or IP address and port number of the Processing Server
- The host name or IP address and port number for the HBR machine (if you use Health-Based Routing)