To enable Legacy Mode user agent parsing, complete the following steps.
Note: If you have been using the standard version of user agent parsing and have added values into the
UserSupplement.csvfile, those values must be inserted into
UserSupplement.csvis not used in Legacy Mode.
- Login to the Portal as an administrator.
- From the Portal menu, navigate to TMS.
- Click the WorldView tab.
- From the Servers drop-down, select the server hosting the capture pipeline where the Reference session agent is deployed.
- Click the Transport Service node.
- Select Transport Service configuration.
- In the Config Actions panel, click View/Edit (Raw).
- The raw version of the
TealeafCaptureSocket.cfgfile is displayed.You may choose to copy and paste this content into your favorite text editor for editing.
- In the file, locate the
- Verify that the setting for
True.This setting enables basic user agent parsing. It should be set to
Truefor all new installs or upgrades to Release 8.1 or later. If it is not, set this value to
- Search the
If it is not found, insert
UAParsing=oldin the section.
If it is found, verify that it is set to the above value (
old). This setting enables Legacy Mode.Note: This setting is not available by default and must be inserted in the configuration manually.
- Configure the other settings for the user agent.
- To save your changes, click Save.
- To push the change to other Canisters in your environment, click Add Tasks and Submit.
- Legacy Mode for user agent parsing is enabled. To disable, set
UAParsingto any other value, comment out the line, or remove it from the configuration.