Initially, groups have the same permissions except for the default start page. Admin users start on the Portal Management page by default, while users start on the default search template page.
For each group, you should review the settings that are described in the following table:
|Default Password Expiration
|Number of days that a password is allowed to be used before members of the group must choose a new one.
|Password Expiration Warning Period
|Number of days prior to password expiration that a user begins to receive Portal warning messages.
|Default Portal Navigation Menu
|If set to Disable, members of this group cannot see the top-level Portal navigation menu and can access only Portal pages available through their defined default page.
|Default Log User Out If Idle
|If set to Enable, members of this group are automatically logged out of the Portal if their accounts are idle for a specified period of time. You can change the idle timeout setting.
|Default Lock Replay Mode
|If set to Disable, members of this group cannot change their Replay Mode.
|Default Replay Mode
|Defines the replay mode for the group. If members of this group do not have CX RealiTea Viewer, set this value to
|Default Search Template
|You can select the default search template to display to members of this group.
Additionally, you should review the options available by selecting each of the following buttons at the top of the settings pane:
- Assign Users - To assign a user to the selected group, click the Assigned checkbox and click Save.
- Menu Profile - Make selections in the menu tree to define the pages to which members of
this group can access. The default settings for groups should provide adequate access. Note: By default, the Admin group has additional menu permissions to see monitoring reports, such as Activity Reports and Active Status, which may be used to verify system status and to diagnose problems reported by user group members.
- Administration Profile - You can select the areas of the Portal Management page to which
the group members have access. Note: The group must have the Portal Management page in its menu profile. Access to these areas should be reserved for administrator groups.
- Search Profile - The Search Profile defines the options available to the members of this group on the Search page, as well as the specific search templates that they can access.
- Browser Replay Profile - For groups with access to Browser-Based Replay, this profile controls the actions and permissions available to group members when using BBR.
After you configure group-level settings, you can make adjustments to individual user accounts. To see the user settings, click Users in the navigation pane under User Administration.